Status: Full Time / Salary Exempt
Reporting Relationships: Vice President of Marketing
Work Schedule: Hours will vary by season. This position will require weekend work.
Armstrong Garden Centers is seeking a detail-orientated, high-energy marketing manager to manage the day-to-day marketing activities for the largest independent garden center in the U.S. The marketing manager is responsible for leading the marketing team in the execution and analysis of all aspects of the marketing plan from digital, radio, tv, email, social media, public relations, customer loyalty, digital, POP and more. Gardening and/or retail marketing experience a plus.
"Gardening without Guesswork"
Armstrong Garden Centers has been serving California residents for over 125 years. Armstrong is recognized as a leader in the Garden Center Industry for its commitment to providing the best selection, quality, service and horticultural expertise. Armstrong's sister brand, Pike Nurseries, in the Southeast, makes it the largest independent garden center company in the U.S. with career opportunities and growth from coast to coast.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct the development of all marketing to determine optimal spending to attain company objectives; drive profitable sales growth, traffic, new customer acquisition and brand loyalty/favorable brand opinion.
- Assist in development of annual marketing plan in support of organizational strategy and objectives and ability to track results.
- Ensure all marketing communications are coordinated; support marketing plan objectives; and oversee effective expenditure of resources.
- Guide internal and external teams and staff in the implementation and execution of all related plans on a day to day basis.
- Marketing activities include digital, radio, TV, direct mail, e-mail, website, public relations and social media.
- Write and guide the creation and finalization of print collateral and in-store signage.
- Write and oversee production of weekly & seasonal radio campaigns.
- Accept other responsibilities as assigned.
- Exceptional creative and communication skills
- Prior retail marketing experience
- Strong written skills
- Email campaign experience
- Social media fluency
- Digital media negotiation and purchasing experience
Benefits and Compensation
- Benefits eligibility - effective immediately
- Participation in company 401k (with discretionary match) - eligibility per plan document
- Participation in Employee Stock Ownership Plan - eligibility per plan document
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Associate discount
Job Type: Full-time
- Marketing: 4 years (Preferred)