Handles specific testing functions within the Product Development and Engineering Departments. Carries out experimentations as outlined by Engineering. Duties include verifying pump performance tests and providing necessary information to re-work, if required.
Prototype assembly, laboratory testing, and record keeping. Determines equipment performance and/or malfunction. Generates and collects accurate data to be used by Engineering and/or Marketing departments
In addition to annual initiatives, the key accountabilities of this position are:
- Sets up and conducts tests of complete units or components under actual operating conditions to investigate improvement of performance or to obtain data for development, standardization or quality control.
- Works from wiring diagrams, drawings, specifications, and instructions, either verbally or in writing concerning test loop setup and test specimen performance schedules.
- Works closely with machine shop or machine shop vendors when making alterations to test specimens or test equipment components.
- Responsible to keep the pump test stand, engineering testing area and instruments in good condition. Have instruments calibrated according to calibration schedule and to keep copies of calibration reports.
- Verify pump performance on in-house orders. Evaluate and give re-work instructions, if necessary, to the worker.
- Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of certain principles.
- Maintains and installs temperature, pressure, voltage, current and power measurement devices and their associated instrumentation.
- Informs group leader or supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment conditions and any corrective actions taken.
- Examine component parts for conformance with dimensional specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Involved with engineering development products as tester. Participate in development test plan.
- Execute development test plan
Assistance and Reporting
- Assists with equipment material test studies.
- Must be able to perform necessary data manipulations utilizing personal computer.
- Must perform necessary inspection operations.
- Must report all problems to supervisor.
- May assist line inspectors with serious quality problems.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as directed by the supervisor.
- Technician degree or diploma in mechanical or electrical engineering
- Assembly or machine shop experience in pump related area.
- Computer literate including CAD, spreadsheet and word processing.
- The ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
- The ability to use all pertinent measurement equipment.
- Must have basic electrical wiring knowledge.
- 4 to 5 years’ working experience in hydronic pump and system testing
- Experience with Labview data acquisition system an asset
- Computer literate – familiar with AutoCAD, Excel, and Word
Sound like you? Send in your resume application today!