This role is responsible for preparation and coordination of proposals for equipment including catalogued and engineered to order (ETO) plant packages which include: Heat Transfer packages, Pump packages, Boiler packages, Chiller /cooling tower plant packages, Control Systems and others as defined by the marketing program.
The Application Engineer must apply his/her proven ability to engineer and implement solutions that add value to our customers. Responsibilities also include but are not limited to, engineering of HVAC systems, customer support, equipment selection, proposal and quotation preparation, field service support and continuous improvement in customer satisfaction by providing superior customer service.
Some Key Responsibilities
plication Engineering and Energy Audit analysis.
- Pricing of HVAC Systems.
- Value Engineering at the Pricing Stage.
- Tender and quotation submission.
- Input to and maintenance of the quote log.
- Technical support for the sales team and other staff.
- Handover to project execution team upon receipt of approved PO or contract.
- Monitor and maintain company KPI’s for quotation response and process.
- Adherence to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and other National Standards.
- Interpretation of bid specification and application requirements.
- Requesting all additional information as required for a complete proposal.
- Issuing all cost requests to third party vendors of sub-assemblies.
- Estimating all costs using the most the current costing tools.
- Integration of all information for the assembly of a complete price proposal.
- Identification and presentation of technical and commercial exceptions needed for the proposal.
- Review of the draft proposal with sales, marketing and factory representatives to ensure an aligned bid strategy.
- Proper documentation of any extra cost items (examples: travel, documentation, manuals).
- Documenting of the sourcing plan, estimated costs, and any “cost plus” price calculations.
- Inclusion and presentation of escalation clauses for long lead time projects.
- Integration of special commercial terms (progress payments, etc.) for high risk exposure projects.
- Selling price calculation in accordance with company pricing policy.
- Proper filing and tracking of the issued proposal (documents, price, terms, cost information, and details of RFQ).
- Utilization of standard catalogued packages as the basis for proposals, or for ETO applications (using the modified standard catalogued packages as the basis for the proposal).
- Incorporation of specific escape clauses and technical exceptions / alternatives as deemed necessary by the finance or marketing department.
- Circulation of large proposals to the proper corporate authority to execute such offers.
- Development and communication of delivery milestones to customer.
- Routing and filing of drawings and functionality approvals.
- Can be responsible for coordination of package equipment delivery, materials, service and training logistics.
- Interact with Company marketing managers to provide feedback on new product initiatives.
- Reports customer feedback to appropriate parties (sales managers, customer service) to enable customer service improvements.
- Supports special projects as assigned by supervisor/management.
- Other duties as assigned.
rsity or College degree from a mechanical engineering or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the HVAC related industry with strong HVAC Systems product knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and organizational skills.
- PC literate; emphasis on Microsoft Suite products. Outlook and project management software experience an asset.
- Minimum 4 years specification review and proposal creation experience.
- Experience with projects of significant complexity and over $700,000 in project cost.
ike you? Send in your resume application today!