Social Media Specialist, E-Commerce
As the Social Media Specialist, E-Commerce, you will be collaborating with E-Commerce department and Communication department on the larger scope of the business. You will be responsible for the management of local Social Media channels and strategies.
Description of Responsibilities
- Providing support to E-commerce department and Communication department in building and executing North America social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Create Social Media editorial calendars and syndication schedule for North America region in partnership with Milan HQ
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content
- Where needed moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Collaborate with other departments (customer relations, sales etc) to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners as well as Milan HQ counterparts to manage all aspects of the Social Media Management inclusive of content strategy and development, promotional campaigns and business planning, online marketing strategy, customer care, web analytics and web technologies to facilitate channel planning and competitive strategies to gain alignment and drive consistency in our go to market programs.
Overview of Critical Duties
- Provides expertise on Social Media industry best practices and keeps abreast on latest disruptions/trends/new technologies in the digital landscape.
- Consults all cross-functional projects to ensure Social Media principes are incorporated.
- Collaborates with Digital Marketing to ensure the overall customer experience.
- Supports the development of marketing plans and promotions across all digital channels to drive awareness, consideration and sales to category with an eye towards scalable process and efficient marketing spend.
- Interact professional and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with emphasis on company interests.
- Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required, assigned and directed.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proven working experience in social media marketing or as a digital media specialist
- Knowledge on business management, online site merchandising, product management.
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels, web development, SEO and CRO
- Advanced business acumen and analytical skills, ability to control financial metrics required to achieve profit objectives
- Team player able to work effectively and collaboratively across all departments to meet goals and deadlines.
- Advanced computer skills