The Armani Group is one of the leading fashion and luxury goods groups in the world today with 10,500 direct employees, 12 production plants and more than 2,704 boutiques in 60 countries around the world. It designs, manufactures, distributes and retails fashion and lifestyle products including apparel, accessories, eye-wear, watches, jewelry, home interiors, fragrances and cosmetics under a range of brand names: Giorgio Armani, Emporio Armani, A|X Armani Exchange, Armani Junior and Armani Casa.
The Sales Manager for Emporio Armani and A|X Armani Exchange, will be responsible for all facets of account management, inclusive of line presentation, fiscal planning and monitoring and overall promotion of the brand. They will be responsible for developing seasonal merchandise plans for a portfolio of accounts that are aligned with the Strategic Plan. Ensure a strong working relationship with internal corporate teams, store management, and wholesale partners.
Overview of Critical Duties:
- Ensure growth and development of each branded business by owning and achieving/exceeding sales targets.
- Anticipate short and long-term needs of the business, adapting to change and creating thoughtful and proactive strategies to drive sales growth.
- Manage account maintenance through all points of process from order through to shipping and delivery.
- Responsible for Pre-Market Analysis: Analysis of pre-Season performance history to identify opportunities within wholesale channels.
- Develop Wholesale Seasonal Merchandise Plans. Using category level weekly sales data, design product proposals for specialty accounts, focused on maintaining brand integrity. Identify opportunities and consult clients on potential growth within the Armani brands.
- Ongoing work to identify and expand potential untapped wholesale markets. Attend market appointments, provide insight and lead the buying process.
- Collaborate with corporate to develop the yearly strategic plan to retain and build the Emporio Armani and A|X Armani Exchange wholesale business’ in Canada as a key focus.
Background & Experience:
- Possess an in depth knowledge of the brand and collection to ensure effective product knowledge is cascaded through out the marketplace.
- Present Collections during Seasonal Markets. Create, review and submit orders within tight deadlines.
- Provide follow up on-site support and training to wholesale accounts to achieve account’s Armani seasonal plans.
- Partner with internal sales team and trade marketing to plan and execute store contests, events and organize distribution of promotional materials.
- Build and cultivate strong partnerships with wholesale clients, including store management, to ensure brand standards are in place.
- Minimum five (5) years of account management experience in a similar luxury wholesale field.
- Experience in managing Canadian specialty and independent accounts is required
- Possess a thorough understanding of the luxury, contemporary and sportswear market in Canada.
- Strategic thinker, proven track record of planning & executing successful wholesale action plans.
- Proficient understanding of retail mathematics. Experience with strategizing leveraging data insights.
- Proficient in MS Office programs (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and ideally have experience with SAP inventory management.
- Excellent negotiation, analytical, training and presentation skills.
- Confident and compelling written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong independent work ethic, excellent time management skills, and ability to influence.
- While not required, French and Italian language skills are considered a strong asset.
- Valid driver’s license, ability to travel regularly across Canada; and occasionally to the United States and Italy.
- University degree is ideal.