The Diocese of Hamilton, the second largest English speaking Catholic diocese in Canada, is seeking a Records Management Analyst to develop and oversee the implementation of an Electronic Records Management strategy. This is a full-time position for a 1-year contract.
Reporting to the Episcopal Director of Finance & Administration and to the Director of Library & Archives, the successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop Records Management (RM) policies and RM procedures including Records Classification Scheme (RCS), File Naming Conventions, Metadata Scheme, Guidelines for Using and Managing E-mail.
- Review and revise current RM procedures and policies including the Records Retention Policy and the Records Retention Schedule.
- Develop policies for Legal Holds, Disposition of Obsolete Records, and Monitoring and Compliance Auditing procedures.
- Develop criteria for the use of personal and shared network drives.
- Assist with the procurement and deployment of File Analytics Software.
- Plan and co-ordinate the completion of clean-ups of electronic records on the internal server and messages in the e-mail system.
- Assist with the application of records retention periods for electronic record holdings.
- Develop and deliver RM training programs and orientation sessions for staff and other diocesan stakeholders.
- Assist with the development of Digitization guidelines and Digital Preservation procedures.
- Assist with feasibility and cost-benefit analysis of potential Digitization projects.
- Provide recommendations for the development and maintenance of secure digital repositories for the long-term storage of electronic records.
- Support the integration of RM strategies that can be applied consistently across paper and electronic record holdings.
- Post-Secondary education, specializing in the field of Records Management.
- 3 – 5 years of relevant work experience in Records Management, including working with electronic records.
- Experience with the development and application of records classifications schemes, records retention schedules, and metadata.
- Knowledge of records management and digital preservation standards.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to manage projects and work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Please forward your resume to email@example.com
Please include “Records Management Analyst – Diocese of Hamilton” in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.