COMPETITION #: SCH II-15-0180NE
POSTED: October 7, 2015
DEADLINE: 12:00 noon: October 21, 2015
Freedom of Information & Privacy Administrator
1 – Permanent Position
Governance and Board Services
Schedule II, Level 4
$58,247 to $69,911
The Toronto District School Board adheres to equitable hiring, employment and promotion practices.
Reporting to the Freedom of Information and Privacy Analyst, the Freedom of Information (FOI) & Privacy Administrator will provide support in the administration and processing of all FOI requests in accordance with legislative requirements and Board policies.
The FOI & Privacy Administrator will act as a key contact for inquiries, including reviewing requests, and researching and gathering information to support the FOI process.
Summary of Duties:
- Receive and process FOI requests in a timely manner; ensuring adherence to the legislative requirements related to the release of information;
- Act a key contact for all FOI inquiries;
- Gather, research and prepare documentation to process requests;
- Conduct the appropriate records search, including collating the results;
- Liaise with both internal staff and external stakeholders to gather and/or provide information;
- Assess the sensitivity of requests and escalate requests to the FOI and Privacy Analyst as required;
- Prepare draft responses for routine requests;
- Process response in consultation with the FOI and Privacy Analyst and Legal Services;
- Prepare a variety of correspondence including letters, reports, statistics, summaries and checklists to support the FOI process;
- Update and maintain FOI databases, tracking deadlines, and preparing records for disclosure;
- Maintain a record of ongoing activities and a schedule of deadlines for the various aspects of the process;
- Maintain filing systems, including opening, closing and archiving files as per records management processes;
- Process the collection of fees associated with information requests;
- Track and monitor related legal costs;
- Set-up reminders for counsel for timely processing of FOI requests;
- Provide support in the development of forms, processes or automated systems for FOI requirements;
- Follow-up on the pending requests and escalate when required;
- Assist in preparation of training material;
- Provide support to special projects or other areas within the department;
- Provide leadership in fostering equity and inclusiveness in the development and implementation of programs and services; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two year community college diploma in related field (e.g., Business Administration, Law Clerk) with two years related experience an equivalent of education and experience;
- Knowledge and understanding of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and other legislative requirements;
- Demonstrated ability to handle matters requiring high levels of diplomacy, sensitivity and confidentiality;
- Proven ability to work under pressure in order to meet frequent deadlines;
- Knowledge of the records management and privacy standards for the Board;
- Ability to collect, collate and organize information with demonstrated attention to detail;
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Strong research, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to take initiative and work independently;
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy of results;
- Proficient computer skills including, word processing, spreadsheet and database applications, records management classification system, email, internet; and
- Proven ability in promoting equitable practices which value inclusiveness and diversity.
- May be required to work evenings and weekends sometimes with minimal or no notice in order to meet operational requirements;
- Occasional travel across TDSB.
Location: This position is currently located at 5050 Yonge Street (wheelchair accessible).
Applications must be submitted:
- in résumé form with a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- with competition # SCH II-15-0180NE in the subject line of the covering letter.
- no later than 12:00 noon, on October 21, 2015.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs for accommodation known in advance during the application process.