Arlo Hotels an independent lifestyle hotel is now actively seeking a dynamic Web Developer. Are you someone who is passionate about people, driven by purpose, and clever in your approach? If so keep on reading!! Here at Arlo we strive to create a sense of awe that leaves those we touch wanting more…
We're seeking a bright, creative, and enthusiastic Web Developer to join our team. This position will focus on frontend/backend WordPress development and will report to the Corporate Director of Ecommerce.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Maintain, update and test our websites (both desktop and mobile experiences) in Wordpress.
- Maximizing the capabilities of the WordPress platform, creating custom post types and content models, leveraging related plugins…suggesting other frameworks as needed.
- Creating custom WordPress themes from design assets that work across all major browsers, platforms, and devices.
- Build tools, plugins, and components and custom Wordpress development.
- Optimize and maintain existing interfaces / quickly fix UX issues as they arise.
- Assist with SEO projects such as 1) on page, 2) off page and 3) technical SEO.
- AB testing, On-page and Website Conversion Optimization.
- Manage all projects in Google Tag Manager and Google Search Console.
- Utilize Excel and website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics) for website optimization reporting and analysis.
- Manage all technical integrations with third party vendors.
- Experience with mobile and responsive web design.
- History of experience in WordPress theme and plugin development.
- Familiarity with SEO best practices.
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels.
- General aspects of web server administration, such as hosting, DNS, backup, monitoring, and security.
- Solid knowledge of AB testing tools (ie Optimizly), Google Tag Manager and Google Search Console.
- Must have the ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with a sense of urgency.
- Bachelor's Degree required (in web development or related field).
- Data-driven with strong analytical skills.
- Understanding and experience with Opera and Synxis a plus.