Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Generate sponsor and billboard sales leads for Arlington’s sponsorship inventory (including but not limited to: Arlington Digital Billboard, Good Day Arlington Commercials, on-site signage, Arlington program ads, naming rights, simulcast signal)
Sell and manage sponsorship contracts and billboard advertising contract internally and externally (utilizing Salesforce)
Manage sponsorship subcontractor activities, sales, contractual obligations and commissions due to Arlington
Serve as a brand ambassador on-site and off, creating relationships with existing and potential clients
Be an “expert” on the Arlington Experience, able to answer customer questions and sell the experience to prospective customers
Have a clear understanding of each Arlington’s business unit’s objectives, challenges, goals and current initiatives to build and maintain collaborative working relationships
Stay abreast of the latest technology trends in order to use new mediums to enhance partner activation and use of assets
Be proactive to garner business to business activation, make B2B introductions and assist partners that are pursuing business from Arlington
Understand the brand and business objectives of each partner and how they drive revenue, what role Arlington plays in the partner’s business plan and how each partner is measuring the partnership
Develop a keen understanding of each partner’s business, goals and objectives to maximize value for both the partner and Arlington International
Build strong relationships with partner decision makers, influencers and agencies
Schedule and fulfill sponsorship assets such as hospitality, tickets, signage, digital/social and other promotions
Assist with sponsorship communications, presentations and meetings, including preparing action plans, proposals, end-of-year recaps, and meeting agendas
Other duties as assigned
- Must be trustworthy and fully dedicated to doing what it takes for the company to be successful
- Must be a self-starter with a strong sense of urgency in tackling challenges
- Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with the ability to implement programs with a high attention to detail
- Exceptional work ethic, strong desire to succeed, eagerness to learn, professionalism and a passion for the sport industry
- Competitive nature and a contagious positive attitude
- Can-do attitude. Nothing is too much to handle for the successful candidate
- Excellent human relations and communications skills are essential
Education, Training and Experience:
- College degree required with emphasis in Marketing, Sports Management, Public Relations, Communications or equivalent
- 2-3 years prior experience in event marketing, digital marketing, communications, social media marketing
- Experience managing multiple projects and working within aggressive deadlines
- General accounting experience; able to handle cash and credit card transactions, follow a budget and balance a bank account
- Proficient computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft applications and ability to quickly learn required billboard software
- Strong time management and organizational skills. Must be able to manage own schedule to achieve daily and weekly goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively and bring innovative solutions to marketing challenges
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to reach, and or feel; talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and reach with hands or arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
Arlington Park reserves the right to modify, interpret or apply this job description in any way the company desires. The job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at-will”. The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
Arlington Park reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at-will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
Bachelors or better in Marketing or related field
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well