The Clinical Consultant we seek will deliver Safe Patient Handling outcomes based on Arjo's Diligent program, which includes assessment, education, education and programs tracking. Furthermore, the Patient Mobility/SPH Clinical Consultant provides mentoring for customers to assist in the development of culture change towards safety and patient care. Additionally, he/she will work closely with all areas of the medical facility to promote Arjo's Diligent programs and support Sales with clinical expertise and evidence for safe and ergonomic use of equipment and safer handling practices.
Expected travel is aproximately 75%.
Day-to-day functions :
- Analyze, monitor, and document customer performance metrics such as patient handling, repositioning and transfer incidents, patient falls, skin tears, employee satisfaction, and/or staff turnover.
- Direct, schedule, coordinate and implement Diligent program implementations and/or the Company’s equipment in-service training and education programs within assigned territory.
- Provide clearly written reports at the conclusion of each onsite clinical consultative visit focusing on the client’s areas of strength, and recommendations for program improvement.
- Collaborate with customer and internal Diligent colleagues to provide strategic solutions in solving patient handling staff injuries, unique patient/resident transfer/mobility problems, and organizational process/system issues.
- Mentor and/or coach internal program champions to overcome ingrained nursing and/or rehabilitative attitudes that are counterproductive towards achieving a minimal lift environment and culture change.
- Communicate regularly with Diligent management, sales representatives, and customer management to ensure that Diligent service offerings are being maintained in accordance with client contract.
- Maintains current knowledge about the Company’s products as well as Diligent service offerings.
- Assist with field training/education of new staff (Clinical Consultant, Clinical Trainer, Sales staff, Corporate Accounts, etc.).
- Attend national and/or regional trade shows to promote Diligent product recognition in the marketplace and assist in identifying potential leads.
- Disseminate marketing materials to customers as appropriate.
- Accompany Sales representatives during field visits for the purpose of providing clinical expertise on the Company’s lifting systems.
- Maintain knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations governing Safe Patient Handling programs.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong presentation skills accompanied with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong analytical skills, proactive thinking, and detail-oriented.
- Demonstrated consultative skills.
- Understands principles of ergonomics and/or risk management.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills in Excel, Word and Outlook and familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools (SalesForce.com) and other database concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic environment; ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively with all employees and external business contacts while conveying a positive, service oriented attitude.
Minimum Requirements :
- Associate’s degree in Nursing or related field (Bachelor’s degree preferred).
- Minimum 3 years of clinical practice/direct patient care within acute care and/or long term care environment.
- Experience training/educating healthcare personnel on product use.
- Experience with a medical device company or pharmaceutical company, and/or clinical experience in a specialty area: wound care, medical-surgical, orthopedics, urgent care, operating room, intensive care, rehabilitation and emergency room care.
- Current licensure is required (RN, PT, OT, PTA designation or LPN accompanied with Safe Patient Handling certification).
- Current licensure is required and must be maintained through the course of employment.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability : Arjo Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, military service, protected veteran status, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law . If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf