We are looking for an experienced VFX Artist to help us bring some of the worlds most popular characters to life in an exciting new Augmented Reality game.
This is a great opportunity for aFreelance Artist
who is currently available and is located in Vancouver, BC. You will work directly with our Art Outsourcing Manager, Lead Artist and Art Director to produce game enhancing VFX! We are looking to bring on and Independent Contractor who is available to come to our studio occasionally, however you will be able to work remotely the majority of the time. If you have solid experience creating particle systems and implementing VFX in Unity we would love to here from you!
- Minimum 3+ years experience as a Game VFX Artist.
- Advanced knowledge of real-time particle systems, shaders, materials and texturing.
- Maya proficiency with hard surface modeling and basic rigging techniques.
- Photoshop proficiency creating and modifying textures.
- Experience shipping a mobile game in Unity.
- Bonus: Experience creating artist tools and establishing production pipelines.
- Work with Lead Artists and the Art Director to establish and maintain VFX art direction.
- Work with Team Leads across disciplines to enhance gameplay, environments, UI/UX, and memorable cinematic moments.
- Create optimized VFX in a range of styles for use in game and in engine, stylized VFX using traditional animation techniques and pre-rendered simulation capture.
- Collaborate with Technical Artist and Render Engineers to develop in-engine materials and shaders.
- Organization and maintenance of VFX assets, adhering to and improving the VFX pipeline.