Requisition ID: 11076
ArcelorMittal Dofasco plays a key role in North America’s advanced manufacturing supply chain working with the top automotive, energy, packaging and construction brands to develop lighter, stronger and more sustainable products - from cans to cars.
Founded in 1912, we are Hamilton’s largest private sector employer with more than 5,000 employees shipping 4.5 million net tons of high quality flat carbon steel annually.
ArcelorMittal Dofasco’s iconic motto Our Product is Steel. Our Strength is People. ® is a true expression of our belief that people are the company’s competitive advantage.
Our Material Handling and Logistics department is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Office Administrator.
- Perform all administrative functions for multiple Business Unit Managers including work on confidential administrative business-related functions.
- Responsible for delegating work to the Administrative Assistants across the Business Unit.
- Provide work direction, coordinate vacations, systems, workloads, etc., and assist in the development of the Administrative Assistants across the Business Unit.
- Assist the Business Unit Managers with analyzing and forecasting Business Unit needs by gathering information compiling, analyzing and monitoring and reporting data as required; involved in the Daily, Weekly & Monthly Reporting in the Business Unit.
- Work on assigned projects for the Business Unit, i.e. Content Management, Record Management, etc.
- Assist the Business Unit Managers in confidential matters, i.e., personnel issues, compensation issues, employee issues, performance reviews, corporate projects, business and strategy planning, and other sensitive matters.
- Maintain Business Unit workforce information and organize and maintain personnel files and the vacation database of the Business Unit.
- Work with Supervision and Compensation/HRIS to implement the movement of Employees through SAP & Time Crew Moves by completing the required paperwork and following the process through to completion.
- Perform general administrative duties for the Business Unit.as well as being a point of contact for the employees in the department. Department point of contact for other Business Unit/Departments.
- Distribute information throughout the Business Unit regarding Corporate Communication, Product Stream results, accident bulletins, etc.
- Provide administrative support to Business Unit and/or multiple Business Unit Managers by organizing visits and tours, organizing and coordinating office moves gathering information and organizing in presentation form for the Manager’s monthly safety meetings, managing the Business Unit expenses including a Visa Account, etc.
- Fulfill the responsibilities of the Business Unit training contact, including scheduling, monitoring & recording all courses.
- Assemble and report on Business Unit Monthly Summary Reports, including scorecards, external reports to the Main Office, monthly presentations to senior management as requested.
- Coordinate and organize travel arrangements for Business Unit personnel.
- Perform additional Business Unit specific functions as outlined and directed by supervision; including Special Project work for the Business Unit dictated by request and resource availability.
Qualifications/ Skills/ Knowledge
- Minimum College Diploma with 3 – 5 years of job related experience or equivalent is required
- Advanced knowledge of administrative processes is required including all MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Power point)
- Working knowledge of computer-based systems including SAP, Success Factors, Traccess, Content Management, Share Point, CATS, etc.
- General knowledge of Human Resources processes is an asset.
Plant office environment
Hours of Work:
8.5 Hour Days, Monday to Friday with extended hours as required due to periods of peak workloads.
We would like to thank all those who apply in advance since only applicants selected to complete an online assessment will be contacted.
ArcelorMittal Dofasco is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply and we are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities to support their participation in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.