Requisition ID: 10918
ArcelorMittal Dofasco plays a key role in North America’s advanced manufacturing supply chain working with the top automotive, energy, packaging and construction brands to develop lighter, stronger and more sustainable products - from cans to cars.
Founded in 1912, we are Hamilton’s largest private sector employer with more than 5,000 employees shipping 4.5 million net tons of high quality flat carbon steel annually.
ArcelorMittal Dofasco’s iconic motto Our Product is Steel. Our Strength is People. ® is a true expression of our belief that people are the company’s competitive advantage.
Improve the effectiveness of the Process Automation department by providing administrative, technical, project and logistical support to the General Manager, Managers, Coaches and other departmental staff.
Source of Supervision:
General Manager (GM), Process Automation (PA)
1. Perform administrative support to Process Automation staff & leadership:
- Increase productivity of meetings and events by managing meeting logistics such as scheduling, arranging facilities, arranging visitor passes, obtaining required equipment, food/refreshments and addressing safety issues
- Ensure Process Automation meets all its requirements related to people reporting through SAP (e.g. records for illness, address changes, etc.)
- Assist with departmental purchasing and getting necessary approvals where required. Help with any follow-up with Purchasing to track status of Purchase Orders
- Help arrange any staff training and travel requirements
- Help with on-boarding new hires, consultants and temporary staff
- Facilitate exit process for any employees retiring or resigning
- Facilitate all personnel moves, new hires/transfers, departmental functions, retirements, milestone celebrations
2. Perform the prescribed functions of the departmental BUC (Business Unit Contact) role
- As part of the BUC team, manage all IT assets within Process Automation including ordering, tracking and coordinating service on all equipment and maintaining up to date lists of all software and hardware.
- Be the first point of contact for IT infrastructure issues within PA. Review and update data for all hardware locations and users in the appropriate database.
- Manage Active Directly users within Process Automation such that end users have the appropriate privileges and access to information
- Work with Helpdesk, IS services experts and Field services in resolving PA BUC requests / issues that arise
- Ensure new third-party software applications are certified by the Information Systems (IS) Department and rolled out according to procedures with proper licensing
- Help in the preparation of workstations when required – support the installation of thin clients or desktops, monitors and land lines.
3. Perform all administrative support to the General Manager of Process Automation Department
- Prepare various "defined time" documents for the department (e.g. monthly scorecard, quarterly cost allocation and quarterly compliance checklist, etc.)
- Review monthly PA budget for unusual entries and errors and support PA leadership in the development of the yearly budget
- Look to enhance / create processes that simplifies specific administrative activities for PA
- Prepare timely, error free reports, presentations, visual aids and spreadsheets
- Coordinate travel arrangements & prepare itineraries, maintain confidential records)
- Clarity Content Management Site Administrator (Maintain and extend departmental information forming part of the corporate internet using web content management tools)
- Provide Administrative support on special (one time) projects as required (eg. new dept. procedures implementation)
4. Fulfill the requirements of the health and safety program as well as perform the role of Process Automation Department Safety Administration.
- Work with PA management team in providing the required administrative support for achieving the departmental goals for the annual PA dept H&S audit
- Ensure housekeeping in local office area is maintained and improved
- Community College Diploma in Office Administration
- 5 years job-related experience is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required, demonstrating a professional demeanor.
- Able to demonstrate ability to handle large volumes of work (multi-tasking/priority management)
- Advanced personal computer, standard corporate software applications and applicable systems skills are required. (CMMS, SAP, Excel, Access, Borel, Clarity Content Management, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Demonstrated learning capability/technical aptitude for software and applicable systems
- Able to demonstrate advanced skills in personal computing and corporate / dept. standard software
- Able to demonstrate ability to be self-motivated, work independently with minimal supervision, good organizational & time management skills and work well in a team environment
- Able to demonstrate ability to get IT issues resolved in a timely fashion utilizing support from an internal network (e.g. local subject matter experts, IS Infrastructure personnel)
- Effectively collaboratives with team members.
We would like to thank all those who apply in advance since only applicants selected to complete an online assessment will be contacted.
ArcelorMittal Dofasco is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply and we are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities to support their participation in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.