Business Data Analyst (wood products manufacturing)-Sault Ste. Marie, ON
ARAUCO is a global manufacturer of sustainably-produced forest product solutions for construction, industrial, and retail markets. With over 120 facilities worldwide, we manufacture and distribute the industry’s most-comprehensive selection of wood composite panels, premium plywood, millwork, lumber, and FSC-certified wood pulp.
ARAUCO is growing in North America, with innovative manufacturing, state-of-the-art facilities, and a commitment to make a difference in the communities where we are located. We are seeking the right individuals for high-caliber opportunities in manufacturing, supply chain, maintenance, safety, and other related fields. This is a direct-hire role with benefits. We look forward to considering you as part of our team at ARAUCO!
Arauco is currently looking for a Business Data Analyst who is a highly motivated, analytical thinker with excellent knowledge of business processes, business intelligence and data analytics. Reporting directly to the Wood Procurement Director, the Business Data Analyst will be responsible for developing and/or assisting with the implementation of tools, processes and procedures that will provide the Wood Procurement Team with high level information that will aid the team members so that they have the right information at the right time to make good business decisions.
Description of Essential Duties
- Lead the development of tools, methodologies and statistical models
- Provide regular analysis and updates on costs, recipes, consumption, market intelligence, operational metrics, and provide identification and recommendation of opportunities for strategic improvement.
- Use Arauco’s operating and business intelligence reporting platforms (e.g., SAP, Qlik, Business Objectives, MS Excel, Cengea) to analyze operational metrics and other relevant data.
- Participate in complex analytic initiatives across all lines of business.
- Provide hands-on development and support in creating and launching various tools and reporting methods.
- Support RFX Processes with analytics and metrics (e.g., cost breakdown analysis, linear performance pricing).
- Assist in improving/ maintaining data integrity.
- Assist in improving/maintaining reporting and lead the creation of real time information dashboards.
- Interact with individuals throughout all levels of the company.
- Interact with our partners on the operations team to identify and explore alternative products and recipes.
Organizational/ Cultural/ Job Fit
- Is a leader in team approach to work and fostering the culture at Arauco.
- Ability to independently plan, organize, and manage multiple projects/tasks/priorities with close attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) in a professional manner when dealing with team mates, contractors, suppliers and other company contacts.
Key Safety / Housekeeping Responsibilities
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Participate in Safety Training as required.
- When traveling to the mills, ensure all safety guidelines are reviewed and followed.
- Work with the Wood Procurement Team to develop annual budgets.
- Responsible for monthly reporting including cost variance, inventory variance, quality issues, purchases and consumption.
- Responsible for optimizing efficiency and identifying opportunities
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree in Business Studies (Accounting, Finance), Computer Science or Applied Mathematics.
- Knowledge and hands on experience of at least one business intelligence platforms like IBM Cognos, Oracle OBIEE, Qlik, Microsoft Power BI, SAP BO, Tableau, R.
- Advanced Experience with MS Office Products (Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Word)
- Strong knowledge of SharePoint, databases & reporting systems.
- Ability to easily create and manipulate spreadsheets using pivot tables, VBA and other advanced excel tools.
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Comfort and confidence in dealing with all levels inside and organization.
- Expected to travel as needed between the US and Canada for meetings, trainings and development opportunities.