Inside Sales Engineer
An exciting opportunity is waiting for you at one of the industry's leading suppliers of specialized Dewatering Equipment and Services.
Aquatech is well recognized as a leader in the supply of specialized equipment catering to Bypass Pumping, Dewatering, Discharge Filtration and Industrial Fluid Transfer systems, and we are significantly expanding our inventory and services throughout Canada.
We believe great results rely on our staff being well trained as product specialists, with an understanding of our client's requirements, which allows Aquatech to deliver both reliable product solutions and added value. Aquatech prides itself in providing our customers with best equipment to suit the application, coupled with the strongest customer support.
The Inside Sales Engineer is a primary member of the Aquatech Pump and Power Team who will use their sound engineering background and experience in fluid dynamics to deliver support resources to our customers, partners, outside sales, estimators and operations supervisors and managers. The Inside Sales Engineer must have problem solving skills and must be able to identify, understand, evaluate and provide reliable solution options to all technical issues to assure customer and staff satisfaction. In addition to the technical support and customer communications, this role also includes project coordination with various departments within Aquatech as well as order processing and tracking.
- Assist outside sales team in addressing customer requirement, system design, preparation of proposal and order processing.
- Assist outside sales team in preparing and achieving their business plans goals.
- Design comprehensive pumping systems through conceptual design, basic engineering and detailed engineering phases. Basic project cycle phases will be expanded to include: Identification of opportunity; pre-feasibility study; feasibility; implementation; efficiency and service monitoring, decommissioning;
- Travel with team members as needed to preform presentations, site visits, training and trade shows.
- Maintain open communications with staff for after-hours emergency responses in accordance with Aquatech's Emergency Preparedness and Response Plans.
- Processing of quotation, order entry, delivery of order, coordination with operations staff and vendors and resolution of return requests and quality issues.
- Identify and communicate customer's needs and sales opportunities to help future growth.
- Act in compliance with Aquatech's Health and Safety and Environmental Management.
Qualifications and Required Experience
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in mechanical or civil engineering or related experience an asset.
- Preferably 3 to 5 years experience in pumps, pumping systems, generators, ground source power and control modules and alarms (diesel, gas, hydraulic and electric motors, centrifugal trash pumps, fluid dynamics, hydraulics and pneumatics).
- Experience in system controls and automation is an asset.
- Complete understanding of: liquid characteristics and fluid properties; pressure relationships, fluid statics and energy loss; pumping systems, variable flow characteristics and system impacts; pipeline properties and friction losses; pump curves and efficiencies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and AutoCad.
- Ability to read Mechanical and Electrical blueprints.
- Sporadic exposure to outdoor weather, shop and job site conditions, and;
- Valid Ontario G Drivers License and clean abstract.
- Strong communication skills in business writing, technical writing, public speaking, and presentation preparation.
- Creativity in problem solving to identify and troubleshoot the source of the problem.
- Fast ability to adapt to organizational and process changes within the company.
- Ability to work with other people from different backgrounds is essential.
- Strong self-learning ability and take responsibility for your personal development, identify training needs and request appropriate training as required.
Job Type: Full-time
- System controls and automation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)