Digital Verification Engineer (two positions)
To apply for this position, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Aquantia is a fabless semiconductor company that develops SoC, Firmware and related products to customers in the Data-Center, Access-point, PC and Automotive sectors.
The Aquantia Toronto Design Center was opened in 2015 and is staffed with around 25 engineers working on Digital Design, Functional Verification, Firmware, Synthesis, Timing Analysis, and Analog Design. The team has led and contributed to the development of multiple Ethernet PHY SoCs in collaboration with Aquantia teams in the US, Europe, Australia, and India.
The sections below describe the main aspects of positions on the DV team. Successful candidates will be matched to job-grades and assigned project tasks based on their aptitude and experience, with senior engineers expected to work with more independence and lead work by others. Junior engineers will be involved at an appropriate level in all aspects of the process to grow their skills.
- Functional verification of digital modules, subsystems and SoCs for Aquantia products
- Contribution to improvements to Verification Methodology, processes and infrastructure
- Strong in engineering design and analysis, as well as programming and scripting
- Experience with Digital Verification methodologies and tools including:
- Creating Verification Plans and devising strategies for executing them
- Implementing test-benches and functional coverage points
- Creating and debugging random and directed tests to achieve coverage goals
- Analyzing coverage reports and closing coverage
- Effective written and oral communication skills, and ability to conduct and participate in reviews
- Enthusiasm for continuous improvement, and ability to contribute to process enhancements
- Desirable to have experience with:
- UVM, OVM, VMM (SystemVerilog) or eRM (Specman) verification methodologies
- Object-oriented programming
- Pre- or post-Silicon verification of Firmware and especially HW/FW interfaces
- Verification or design of DSP, Ethernet, 10GBase-T, Multi-gig, PHYs, Switches, and MACs
Education and Experience:
- BS or MS (preferred) in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience in Functional Verification (preferred), and/or Digital Design