WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Appnovation Technologies is looking for an enthusiastic co-op student to work alongside the best and brightest minds in the technology industry today. As a member of our team you will be reporting to a Senior Team Lead and will be engaged in many aspects of the mobile development process, including taking part in Agile scrums, working within a team environment and, of course, writing code. By the end of your co-op term, our goal is to transform you into a fully-fledged mobile developer. Don’t miss this opportunity to get a strong footing on the future of mobile development.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Taking part in technical design meetings.
- Participating in Agile scrum meetings with clients.
- Supporting Senior Developers with mobile development on several projects of various sizes.
- Building new dynamic components as needed.
- Researching standards to stay current on changing technologies.
- Conducting educational presentations on mobile design and development.
- Additional duties as required.
- Experience developing native and hybrid mobile applications.
- Understands development methodologies, design patterns, testing best practices, and tools as well as how to apply these methods.
- Has experience with one or more of the following: React, Ionic, Angular, Redux, React, ReactiveJS, Cordova, Typescript, Data Modeling/JSON/NoSQL, Janrain, jQuery, iOS frameworks, Android frameworks.
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Acts as a self-starter that can work independently on projects.
- Able to handle multiple demands and competing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work overtime on a short notice.
WHAT DOES APPNOVATION HAVE TO OFFER?
- You have some skills with UI/UX.
- A fun and dynamic work environment (we have a pool table, dart board, putting greens, arcade machine and a PS4).
- Work that is challenging and rewarding.
- You get a buddy! On your first day, you’ll get to meet your in-house mentor for your term at Appnovation.
- A casual dress code and an open office environment.
- Clubs, social events, yoga, and free breakfast/lunch on Fridays!
- Rocketing growth – yours and ours. Lots of opportunity for personal and professional growth. We are a culture of internal promotions.
- Exciting and innovative projects. Examples of some of our latest clients include: Sesame Street, Visit California, Mattel, iconectiv, Pfizer, September 11 Memorial & Museum, O2E Brands (including 1-800-Got-Junk), Maple Leafs Sports Entertainment (Toronto Maple Leafs), Samsung, Mulesoft, Cisco, NVIDIA, among many others.
Students must apply to their university job board (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. It is highly recommended to include your transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.
The Mobile Developer Co-op role is a part of Appnovation Technologies Co-op Program. This position is open to students who are registered in a Canadian University or College program, have completed a minimum of 1 year of their degree or diploma in addition to 1 prior Co-op term, and are returning to full-time study upon the completion of their work term. Appnovation is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated equally.
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Appnovation Technologies is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated equally.