AppNeta is a fast-growing, international technology startup that is poised to take advantage of the massive performance monitoring marketplace sized by Gartner as $3.5B in 2017. AppNeta has been named to the Inc. 5000 Fastest-growing Private Companies list four years running, and has won numerous awards in the Boston market, including BBJ s Best Places to Work and BostInno s Coolest Companies.
Do you want to work for an innovative exciting company in the heart of Gastown? We are a rapidly growing company and need an experienced player to help us as we cement our presence in the marketplace.
For our Technical Account Manager we re looking for an ambitious individual with a geeky side and a genuine interest in full stack Application Performance! The role works as part of our growing and dynamic Customer Success team where we are committed to ensuring a first class customer experience, and driving value from AppNeta services.
We are looking for someone with experience in some of the areas highlighted below:
We aren't looking for a developer. We are interested in someone that understands the operations side of web stacks: Install, configure, troubleshoot.
Apache / Nginx
PHP, Java, Ruby, Python
Zend, Servlets, Rails, Django
You may write apps on your own time. You may be been a developer before. You can confidently work through a web stack. You prefer a python script to pop your popcorn vs hitting the buttons on your microwave.
We aren't looking for a Network Architect. We are interested in someone with exposure to network design & operational troubleshooting.
OSI Model, Subnetting, VLANs, IPv4, Routing
QoS (COS & DSCP), VoIP, Video over IP
You may have experience from the CCNA level. You may be self taught.
We want you to you understand the concepts and can lead a technical conversation at this level.
We aren't looking for a sales leader in a traditional account management role. We are looking for someone who has risen through the technical ranks, professionally or personally, who has had exposure with project deployment and customer ownership. You get to manage deployment into interesting environments, and own the success of the solution delivered. It is more important that you can own an action item and confidently provide feedback, rather than deferring to an engineer in the first instance. You wear the accounts hat and the engineer hat!
We re interested in finding an experienced individual with a technical background. You will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with our largest and most complex clients. You will work very closely with Engineering, Product Management, Sales, and our Executive Branch to bring visibility of our clients needs to the forefront of all our processes.
Our customers and partners are using our products in a large variety of environments. This position will require solid fundamentals in Application Performance and is a unique opportunity to build your exposure and knowledge in this field along with expanding Service and Account Management skills at top tier level within the organization.
We have a great office atmosphere with beer on Fridays and a great foosball culture. Our mantra is work hard play hard, so you have to be keen with a true desire for this role if you want to join our great team!
- Manage a portfolio of top tier clients for AppNeta
- Manage solution deployment into complex environments
- Drive these accounts to ensure Customer Success and seek out opportunities to show off our latest technologies
- Provide product feedback and suggestions for improvement from our top clients, be their advocate to help prioritize Product Management and Development efforts
- Act as a point of technical escalation and coordination for issues and projects involving the solution
- Perform scheduled and ongoing technical training, demonstration, and coaching of all value areas of the SaaS offering
- Raise product defects and influence Product Roadmap
- Create knowledge articles and reusable presentation materials for all of Technical Support
- Take ownership of escalated technical issues and own them to completion
- Knowledge of and interest in web and network architecture
- Demonstrable increase in responsibility in your previous role(s)
- Minimum 3 years experience in a Support, Administration, or Operations role relating to Network and Application Performance
- Relevant Experience or Degree or Diploma related to Application and/or Network Operations
- Intermediate Linux knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a passion for sharing new ideas in a dynamic environment.
- Must be comfortable communicating and discussing technical concepts with customers and peers.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
AppNeta is the leader in proactive end-user performance monitoring solutions built for the distributed enterprise. With AppNeta, IT and Network Ops teams can assure continual and exceptional delivery of business-critical applications. AppNeta s SaaS-based solutions give IT teams essential application and network performance data, allowing them to continuously monitor user experience across any application, network, data center or cloud.
At AppNeta, we take application and network performance seriously without taking ourselves too seriously. We are big believers in a work hard, play hard culture. We offer everything from catered lunch and free snacks to commuter benefits and Maternity/Paternity leave, and pride ourselves on providing a challenging yet fun and collaborative environment. For more on our company culture, perks, and benefits, check out our website: https://www.appneta.com/about/company-culture/ ( https://www.appneta.com/about/company-culture/ ).
About AppNeta s office locations:
- Vancouver: One block from Waterfront Station in the heart of historic Gastown, AppNeta s Vancouver office is home to our Product, Engineering and Customer Success teams.
- Boston: Located just steps from South Station in the heart of the Innovation & Seaport Districts, AppNeta s Boston office is home to our Sales & Sales Engineering, Marketing, Customer Success, Product and G&A teams.