AppNeta is a fast-growing, international technology startup that is poised to take advantage of the massive performance monitoring marketplace sized by Gartner as $3.5B in 2017. AppNeta has been named to the Inc. 5000 Fastest-growing Private Companies list four years running, and has won numerous awards in the Boston market, including BBJ s Best Places to Work and BostInno s Coolest Companies.
Platform Software Engineer - Monitoring Points
We are seeking talented intermediate and senior software engineers to help drive the evolution of AppNeta's cloud-based network performance monitoring solution. You have excellent design and programming skills and a desire to work with complex network and web technology where real-time performance measurements and robust high quality product is of paramount importance.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to apply and grow your current knowledge of application and network building software that is deployed onto thousands of customer locations.
In our fast-paced environment, your significant knowledge and experience will enable you to:
- Design and develop tools and services in support of configuration and monitoring on a Linux platform using agile development methodology
- Contribute to the development virtualized monitoring point deployment
- Ensure high quality components through good development practices, including design and code reviews, automated testing, etc.
- Work closely with product owners to understand priorities and requirements.
- Investigate and evaluate new technologies
To excel in this position you ll need:
- Computer Science or Software Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in Python and Shell scripting
- Strong system background and knowledge of Linux environment
- Solid understanding of networking concepts
- Experience with container-based software and/or virtualization technologies such as KVM and VMWare
- Experience in REST API development
- Experience in securing Linux platform and PKI
- Experience in Linux package management
- Excellent communication skills with a passion for sharing new ideas in a dynamic environment
- Strong research and analytical skills and a proven ability to innovate
- Experience in AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience in C/C++
- Experience in continuous integration tool such as Jenkins, Travis
- Experience in microservice architecture
AppNeta is the leader in proactive end-user performance monitoring solutions built for the distributed enterprise. With AppNeta, IT and Network Ops teams can assure continual and exceptional delivery of business-critical applications. AppNeta s SaaS-based solutions give IT teams essential application and network performance data, allowing them to continuously monitor user experience across any application, network, data center or cloud.
At AppNeta, we take application and network performance seriously without taking ourselves too seriously. We are big believers in a work hard, play hard culture. We offer everything from catered lunch and free snacks to commuter benefits and Maternity/Paternity leave, and we pride ourselves on providing a challenging yet fun and collaborative environment in both of our office locations. For more on our company culture, perks, and benefits, check out our website: https://www.appneta.com/about/company-culture/ ( https://www.appneta.com/about/company-culture/ ).
About AppNeta s office locations:
- Boston: Located just steps from South Station in the heart of the Innovation District, AppNeta s Boston office is home to our Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Engineering, Product and G&A teams.
- Vancouver: One block from Waterfront Station in the heart of historic Gastown, AppNeta s Vancouver office is home to our Product, Engineering and Customer Success teams.