AppNeta is a fast-growing, international technology startup that is poised to take advantage of the massive performance monitoring marketplace sized by Gartner as $3.5B in 2017. AppNeta has been named to the Inc. 5000 Fastest-growing Private Companies list four years running, and has won numerous awards in the Boston market, including BBJ's Best Places to Work and BostInno's Coolest Companies.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead and grow a team of skilled Site Reliability Engineers, focused on the production environment of our SaaS application: AppNeta Performance Manager. The selected applicant will have a background as a hands-on Site Reliability Engineer and more recent experience leading a team and applying the best practices in agile software development. In addition to demonstrating your leadership capabilities, we look forward to learning how you keep in touch with the technology with which you and your team work. You should be as comfortable promoting positive cultural change as you are rolling up your sleeves and committing to our repo.
Interested in learning more of what we are up to? Check out www.appneta.com and explore our product at tryappneta.com.
- Lead, develop and grow a talented team of developers: collaborate on goal setting, provide direction, support your team and mitigate the gaps, provide ongoing feedback.
- Grow your team leading the recruitment efforts and developing individuals.
- Encourage the application of best practices in security, automated deployment pipelines, cloud systems, and infrastructure
- Influence and build out our devops culture beyond your SRE team and into the other development teams at AppNeta.
- Prioritize the goals of your team and collabrate with Product and Engineering leads to ensure your team's priorities align with AppNeta's business priorities.
- Ensure AppNetas SDLC is followed through high level epic descriptions are well represented by detailed story definitions.
- Work with your team and provide technical guidance on architecture, design and technology decisions.
- Communicate on behalf of your team to report on status, mitigate risk, and recognize individual and team achievements.
Your experience and skills
- Experience providing technical leadership to your team.
- Several years' experience delivering and supporting enterprise-class SaaS software.
- Excellent communication skills with a passion for sharing new ideas.
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities
- Strong knowledge of agile software engineering processes and practices.
- Experience with cloud-based service delivery, and specifically the Amazon AWS environment and technologies
- Strong familiarity with Linux environments
- Strong familiarity with cloud-based operations best practices
- Strong familiarity with the Amazon Web Services platform (particularly compute, networking, storage, and stream processing services)
- Strong familiarity with Linux environments
- Experience with build/CI tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Chef)
- Experience with infrastructure management/orchestration tooling (e.g. CloudFormation, Terraform, Rundeck, Asgard)
- Experience with a variety of monitoring tools and platforms (e.g. Graphite, collectd, Nagios/Icinga, ELK stack, CloudWatch, Splunk)
- Experience with virtualized and containerized environments (e.g. vSphere, Docker)
- Experience with bash, [your favourite interpreted language here, e.g. Python], and Git for source control
- Familiarity with switching, routing, and firewalls
Join our dynamic team and make things better every day in an atmosphere that encourages innovation and personal growth. Along the way, you'll work with seriously smart people, and ensure the timely delivery of products which solve problems for teams like yours.
AppNeta is the leader in proactive end-user performance monitoring solutions built for the distributed enterprise. With AppNeta, IT and Network Ops teams can assure continual and exceptional delivery of business-critical applications. AppNeta's SaaS-based solutions give IT teams essential application and network performance data, allowing them to continuously monitor user experience across any application, network, data center or cloud.
At AppNeta, we take application and network performance seriously without taking ourselves too seriously. We are big believers in a work hard, play hard culture. We offer everything from catered lunch and free snacks to commuter benefits and Maternity/Paternity leave, and we pride ourselves on providing a challenging yet fun and collaborative environment in both our offices.
For more on our company culture, perks, and benefits, check out our website: https://www.appneta.com/about/company-culture/.
About AppNeta's office locations:
- Boston: Located just steps from South Station in the heart of the Innovation District, AppNeta's Boston office is home to our Sales & Sales Engineering, Marketing, Customer Success, Product and G&A teams.
- Vancouver: One block from Waterfront Station in the heart of historic Gastown, AppNeta's Vancouver office is home to our Product, Engineering and Customer Success teams.