Apotex is a proudly Canadian, global pharmaceutical company that produces high-quality, affordable medicines (both generic and innovative pharmaceuticals) for patients around the world. We are the 7th largest generic pharmaceutical company globally with more than 12,000 employees and estimated sales of approximately $3 billion. Our fully integrated operation is comprised of four lines of business: Global Generics; Apobiologix; Global Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API); and ApoPharma (Innovative Products). With our worldwide manufacturing sites, Apotex can produce up to 24 billion dosages per year. We produce 300 medicines in 4,000 dosages and formats that are exported to 115 countries. Apotex will spend $2 billion over the next 10 years on research and development.
Responsible to coordinate, plan and execute activities to support the New Product Launch process in achieving successful product launches.
Serves as an intermediate technical specialist for New Product Launch; dealing with Apotex executives and management with customized or complex professional services related to New Product Launches.
Collaborate with counterparts in Sales & Marketing, R&D and Operations, throughout the new product launch process to achieve on time in full successful launches.
- Generate all required SAP codes and Master Recipes for new product launches and line extensions, for the purposes of capacity and component planning, prior to submission.
- Generate change requests for MPaR (Master Packaging Record) for new product launches following submission stage or creation of projects for line extensions. As required, generate change requests for MMaR (Master Manufacturing Record), CofAs, and Test Profiles.
- Generate change requests to create or review/approve finished good, semi-finished, packaging component and unique excipient codes in SAP following Submission stage.
- Demonstrate well-developed process creation and implementation and technical skills by creating processes and systems to achieve a rigorous new product stage-gate launch process.
- Understand time-sensitive nature of new product launches by minimizing and/or eliminating delays within the critical path. Resolve issues as they arise and escalate issues to Project Leader/Manager or Director that cannot be resolved. Ensure all Change Requests are on completed on time to achieve launch readiness.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with management and peers across the organization to assess their New Product Launch requirements, provide advice, determine their customer service level and manage their expectations.
- Respond to complex queries from initiation through to launch by providing a specialized level of direct/indirect input in the definition, development and planning of new product launch activities throughout the New Product Launch process.
- Support and provide input/feedback for all new process designs for the Change Control Process to be optimized to successfully launch new products.
- Participate and provide an in depth technical perspective and functional perspective in developing and implementing cross-functional project teams, systems, policies, procedures and measures of performance to facilitate continuous improvement of the new products launch process.
- Coordinate Change Control activities that build on the principles of “Right First Time” for all project tasks to achieve launch readiness status.
- Effectively use designated systems applications to support launch communication. Responsible for updating and maintaining all systems databases required by the New Product Launch process.
- Support the NPL Planner in the creating, planning and execution of launch processes, systems and tools.
- Liaise with management from across the business to assess customer needs and gather feedback for the purpose of improving customer service.
- Participates in the implementation of departmental and cross-functional process improvement initiatives.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with established GMP/cGMP operating procedures and standards of ethical conduct.
- Works as a member of a team to achieve all outcomes.
- Performs all work in support of our Corporate Values.
- Performs all work in accordance with all established regulatory and compliance and safety requirements.
19. Perform additional duties as required.
- Certification in Supply Chain Management or Business Related College Diploma Preferred
- Developed project management skills, PMP Certification an asset
- Experience in pharmaceutical or consumer packaged goods product launch process
- Three years’ experience in product launch, supply planning or product development in pharmaceutical environment
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Excellent understanding of ERP/SAP processes, supply planning and master data
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing and project management software
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills
- Good understanding of the organizations business processes and supply chain
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate well to internal and external customers
At Apotex, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
Apotex offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.