Apotex is a proudly Canadian, global pharmaceutical company that produces high-quality, affordable medicines (both generic and innovative pharmaceuticals) for patients around the world. We are the 7th largest generic pharmaceutical company globally with more than 12,000 employees and estimated sales of approximately $3 billion. Our fully integrated operation is comprised of four lines of business: Global Generics; Apobiologix; Global Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API); and ApoPharma (Innovative Products). With our worldwide manufacturing sites, Apotex can produce up to 24 billion dosages per year. We produce 300 medicines in 4,000 dosages and formats that are exported to 115 countries. Apotex will spend $2 billion over the next 10 years on research and development.
Responsible for leading strategic, cross-functional initiatives related to improvements in GSO processes, systems, compliance and/or efficiencies. Responsible for acting as a lead process and technology advisor to GSO Management teams and act as a resource and lead contact for the department and other departments in areas of technology and processes. Represents GSO on strategic Corporate and global projects and initiatives.
- Demonstrate leadership in a Project Management role on selected major projects, programs or initiatives that will lead to improvements in process, technology, compliance and/or efficiencies. Use these projects as opportunities to drive the implementation of Master Data Governance as applicable.
- Serve in a senior professional practitioner role in Operations working with senior leadership to determine the tactical implementation of strategic system requirements of the organization.
- Accountable to take a leadership role, serving as a senior technical expert in selected systems-related projects or programs.
- Responsible for taking a leadership role in the investigation, diagnosis and resolution to master data, process and technology incidents impacting GSO. Act as management representative in decisions leading to stabilizing systems used in daily operations.
- In conjunction with internal and external customers and suppliers, provide a technical perspective in the development of new and/or improvements to process, development of metrics, compliance (cGMP/GMP), training and technology systems that meet customer's functional needs and improve their business processes.
- Responsible for providing mentoring or coaching to various business units on master data governance, business processes and integration using information technology systems. Able to supervise and/or mentor and train junior staff in areas of process, compliance (cGMP/GMP), training and information technology.
- Respond and take ownership of complex and/or unconventional queries from executive, directors, managers, team members, other employees, and customers and provide policy interpretations, technical advice and recommendations as appropriate.
- Participate as required in selected Customer discussions, visits and forums as requested by the Sales division to provide GSO perspective on customer issues and initiatives. Manage Customer expectations on capabilities specific to GSO and drive issues raised to successful resolution.
- Participate in selected industry related seminars and action groups to provide an Apotex perspective and to obtain information on current industry benchmarks. Conduct research in the marketplace to assess best practices and emerging trends, software, hardware, automation systems and process improvements in process and technology, recommending action as appropriate.
- Manage and/or participate on cross-functional project teams representing the GSO Systems and Master Data Management Corporate perspective.
- Engage with vendors to obtain successful results in a timely manner supporting specific strategic projects, programs or support issues.
- Accountable to help the different project teams identify gaps in corporate procedures relating to strategic projects and initiatives. Provide support to mitigate gaps.
- Works as a member of a team to achieve all outcomes.
- Performs all work in support of our Corporate Values of Pride, Accountability, Integrity and Diligence; Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values.
- Performs all work in accordance with all established regulatory and compliance and safety requirements.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work and effectively manage priorities in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated Project Management/Leadership capabilities on successful systems implementation(s), with demonstrated ability to lead, mentor and develop others.
- Excellent presentation skills in a variety of settings with business or technical users, from end users to senior management, in small and large groups.
- Experience delivering training and/or creating training materials on business or technical topics.
- Challenges status quo, continuous improvement, results oriented mind-set.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the development of new and unique approaches to resolve business/technical issues.
- Ability to coordinate and complete projects and adhere to deadlines.
- Strong planning, organization and time management skills.
- Ability to assess, manage and elevate risk proactively.
- Strong change management skills, preparing for and facilitating the implementation of change.
- Highly collaborative working style and able to influence business outcomes without formal authority.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain positive relations with direct reports, team members, customers, vendors, support groups.
- Proven track record of problem solving skills.
- University Degree in Information Systems, Business Administration or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of progressive experience in a Pharmaceutical/Process/Consumer Packaged Goods industry, within an Information Systems, Project Management or Management Consulting Environment, with some exposure to Manufacturing and Packaging processes.
- Strong cross-functional understanding of multiple SAP modules, most importantly MM, QM, PP and SD.
- Current professional designation from an accredited Supply Chain program (i.e. APICS –CPIM or CSCP; PMI –PMP; The Logistics Institute -PLog) an asset.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite applications.
At Apotex, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
Apotex offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.