Apotex is a proudly Canadian, global pharmaceutical company that produces high-quality, affordable medicines (both generic and innovative pharmaceuticals) for patients around the world. We are the 7th largest generic pharmaceutical company globally with more than 12,000 employees and estimated sales of approximately $3 billion. Our fully integrated operation is comprised of four lines of business: Global Generics; Apobiologix; Global Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API); and ApoPharma (Innovative Products). With our worldwide manufacturing sites, Apotex can produce up to 24 billion dosages per year. We produce 300 medicines in 4,000 dosages and formats that are exported to 115 countries. Apotex will spend $2 billion over the next 10 years on research and development.
To ensure that business decision making activities and performance monitoring/improvement processes can be supported by providing highly specialized analytics and performance reporting. To effectively manage analytical activities that enable the company to establish effective processes, systems, and tools to support the information needs of stakeholders.
Reporting to the Global Director, Portfolio Management, the Manager, Analytics & Reporting is responsible for the identification and alignment of key corporate data and systems, enabling integrated product evaluations and supporting effective decision making to maximize portfolio value. This position will play a key role in data alignment and integrity, providing direction on what the systems’ need to do and be, and the paths along which they must be able to evolve.
- Collaborate with teammates following a harmonized protocol to combine market intelligence [provided by the Business Insights and Corporate Development group] and portfolio knowledge in order to provide real-time business performance acumen. This includes tracking and reporting performance of existing product portfolio against strategic commercial goals (i.e. Integrated Business Planning and Fiscal Year targets); monitoring performance of product portfolio against strategic marketing initiatives; and providing insight into product profitability.
- Work with leadership to understand and develop actionable insights from existing internal and external datasets (i.e. IMS data) available throughout the company to inform and drive optimal product strategies.
- Use quantitative reasonsing of the data to identify actionable activities on the portfolio.
- Monitor product performance by conducting extensive numerical analysis including sales, margin, market share, volume and inventory levels.
- Understand and illustrate Apotex’s portfolio positioning within the markets, both current and projected future.
- Creation of appropriate toolsets and models, including utilising scorecard functionality to facilitate comparative analysis and trade-off decisions.
- Build strong relationships with business area leaders, supporting the holistic view of product lifecycle management from portfolio selections through to discontinuations. Includes a thorough understanding of the information flow, business owners, activities and processes at each stage.
- Utilize advanced analytical techniques in the assessment of industry "best practices", current operating processes and emerging technology for the area of portfolio management.
- Identify and implement a global portfolio management tool.
- Ensure that product portfolio information reporting tools/databases are appropriately maintained and optimized for critical functional and management updates on local and global basis.
- Complete Ad Hoc analysis and reports of the Global Generics portfolio to “slice and dice” the portfolio. Compile large datasets and be able to understand, manipulate and analyze each report to provide high level recommendations.
- Create service level agreements with all relevant stakeholders so there is a clear understanding who enters what information and how frequently
- Recognize and define key company master data, quantitative and qualitative, ensuring cross functional alignment and high quality of consistency and population to ensure a strong foundation for analysis.
- Create timely and accurate reports to identify opportunities, exceptions, and bottlenecks, and empower the business teams to improve their processes flows and behaviours.
- Understand and propose ideas for potential future reporting requirements, designing systems and data management activities to enable such functionality moving forward.
- Develop robust data extraction models from SAP and other company systems, to ensure timely and accurate information feeds the appropriate decision making tools and reports.
- Works as a member of a team to achieve all outcomes.
- Performs all work in support of our Corporate Values of Courage, Collaboration, Perseverance and Passion; Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values.
- Performs all work in accordance with all established regulatory and compliance and safety requirements.
- All other duties as assigned.
- University degree or equivalent in Business and/or Science related field
- 5+ years experience in pharmaceutical or consumer packaged goods industry
- Advanced experience with MS Excel and Access (VBA an asset)
- Experience in reporting tools such as Business Warehouse and Business Objects
- SAP Experience in SD/MM/PP/FI, including knowledge of core SAP tables and data structure.
- 8+ Years experience in system and data management & analytics, including “Big Data” vision.
- Experience in EPM, MS Project and Sharepoint an asset
- Experience in system architecture across multiple platforms an asset
- Advanced business degree (i.e. a Master of Business Administration) an asset
- Innovate and resourceful, with strong problem solving skills
- Proven record of continuous Improvement, implementing processes and systems to enhance business activities.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Excellent decision-making, communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate well to internal and external customers
- Proven ability to function in a fast-paced and continuously changing environment
At Apotex, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
Apotex offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.