Apotex is a proudly Canadian, global pharmaceutical company that produces high-quality, affordable medicines (both generic and innovative pharmaceuticals) for patients around the world. We are the 7th largest generic pharmaceutical company globally with more than 12,000 employees and estimated sales of approximately $3 billion. Our fully integrated operation is comprised of four lines of business: Global Generics; Apobiologix; Global Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API); and ApoPharma (Innovative Products). With our worldwide manufacturing sites, Apotex can produce up to 24 billion dosages per year. We produce 300 medicines in 4,000 dosages and formats that are exported to 115 countries. Apotex will spend $2 billion over the next 10 years on research and development.
Plan, design, develop, implement and maintain complex enterprise applications and secure highly-available and efficient solutions which meet the tactical and strategic business requirements of the global company. Also, in a senior role, provide technical advice, analysis and leadership to the GIS project management team, peers in GIS and various Apotex business units, on all aspects of enterprise application development and business intelligence.
- Plans, designs, develops and implements a variety of complex enterprise applications and business intelligence solutions that support on-going business activities at Apotex;
- Provides on-going top-tier technical support for “best of breed” and in-house developed applications and complex reporting solutions;
- Writes technical documentation that is a critical part of the software development life cycle;
- Collaborates with others to provide input and, reviews requirements and functional specifications;
- Performs technical analysis and provides technical advice for the GIS project management team to facilitate project planning;
- Works as a member of the Global Enterprise Reporting & Analytics team to achieve the best outcomes with the enterprise applications and reporting solutions implemented at Apotex;
- Performs complex software evaluations for GIS and other business units as requested;
- Researches into new technologies that may be strategically important to the business;
- May mentor junior application developers in the Global Enterprise Reporting & Analytics department;
- Daily monitoring of the performance of enterprise applications – especially where these applications may incorporate an overnight ETL process;
- Works as a member of a team to achieve all outcomes;
- Works in a safe manner collaborating as a team member to achieve all outcomes.
- Demonstrate Behaviours that exhibit our organizational Values: Collaboration, Courage, Perseverance, and Passion.
- Ensure personal adherence with all compliance programs including the Global Business Ethics and Compliance Program, Global Quality policies and procedures, Safety and Environment policies, and HR policies.
- All other relevant duties as assigned.
- University degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience;
- Certification in one or more technical areas (Qlik, Microsoft, SAP, etc) is an asset
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in all aspects of software design and development;
- Comfortable working on multiple server environments, and on both large and small enterprise application;
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to exhibit leadership qualities when called upon;
- The ability to share and communicate ideas clearly, and to provide vision and leadership on all aspects of application design and development.
- Experience working directly with customers to research and document existing business practices and experience in streamlining these processes through creative integration of existing data and technology tools;
- A solid understanding of entity-relationship modelling and relational database design;
- A solid understanding of SQL Server databases, and efficient query design;
- Extensive experience with QlikView Server architecture and building QVD's and QVW's.
- Extensive experience with Qlik Sense Enterprise architecture
- Extensive experience in developing QlikView and Qlik Sense applications - Visualizations, Scripting and Dashboards.
- Extensive experience with Qlik Sense Administration, QlikView Server Administration, QV Publisher and NPrinting.
- Extensive experience with load script syntax, SQL statements, Qlik expressions from sources such as: SAP BW, SQL Server and other RDBMs connections.
- Knowledgeable on best practices relating to Qlikview and Qlik Sense deployments
- Experience in working with business specific data including Sales and Marketing, Supply Chain and Project Management
- Minimum of five years’ experience in application design and development;
- Previous work in a regulated environment, requiring disciplined testing and documentation practices is an asset
At Apotex, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
Apotex offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.