Apollo Health & Beauty Care (Apollo) is a premium developer of private label and control label health & beauty care products and leverages unique expertise and experience in developing national brand-equivalent products designed to compete equivalently with the most popular national brands. The largest private label and control label personal care manufacturer in Canada, Apollo has formidable penetration and distribution in the North American marketplace and also services customers throughout Central and South Asia, Mexico, Europe and Asia. Building on our core values of Excellence and Commitment, Apollo has established itself as a market leader that attracts the industry's top talent. We are currently searching for an energetic, motivated Maintenance Lead Hand to join our Team!
The Maintenance Lead Hand position is responsible for coordinating and deploying the Maintenance staff to ensure that all production equipment are maintained in proper working condition to support manufacturing needs.
The Lead hand is also responsible for coaching, growing and monitoring performance of the staff and report concerns to the maintenance Manager for remediation.
The Lead Hand is expected to distribute Maintenance Work Orders equally among all maintenance personnel and support the execution thereof in a timely manner.
The Lead Hand is to monitor and support the Preventative Maintenance program to ensure it is performed and documented on all machinery on a regular basis to ensure efficient production operations and compliance with governing legislation.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Set the example for maintenance staff in terms of subject matter expertise, organization & prioritization with a demonstrated a sense of urgency of response to encountered issues; ensuring maximum uptime is achieved and downtime is minimized.
- Coordinate the maintenance department for repair of all production equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair various Filling & Packaging equipment, Batching tanks, Holding tanks, Transfer panels and associated equipment and instruments, utilities system such as water and compressed air.
- Perform and/or support the Change-over and Set-up production equipment which includes but is not limited to filling machines, cartoners, labellers, case sealers and shrink wrappers.
- Organize, coordinate and execute the routine Maintenance work orders and the Preventative Maintenance work orders to ensure efficient production operations.
- Account for spare parts inventory and labour on computerized maintenance system.
- Operational and troubleshooting knowledge which includes but is not limited to conveyors, shrink wrap, case erectors and associated production line equipment, pumps, chains, belts, pulleys, sprockets, control panels, valves, air solenoids, actuators, oil levels and all compounding equipment.
- Maintain and organize the maintenance shop, tools and equipment.
- Effectively influence maintenance personnel to maintain a clean working environment in compliance with a cGMP facility.
- Support engineering projects for design, installation, commissioning of various equipment.
- Identify and report safety hazards and fulfill all Health & Safety, WHMIS, MSDS, and GMP policy requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: 7 years progressive experience in high-speed manufacturing environment with high school diploma and trade license required; post-secondary education in a related field strongly preferred; Millwright ticket or Electrician license required; Red Seal preferred but not mandatory
- INTERPERSONAL SKILLS/CONTACTS: occasional access to confidential or sensitive information; frequent internal interactions and/or frequent external interactions; purpose of internal/external contacts is regularly related to complex matters; occasional selling, negotiating, consulting, teaching/instructing, or advising; above average level of written and verbal communication skills required for successful job performance
- PROBLEM SOLVING/JUDGMENT: position has fair amount of autonomy in terms of level of monitoring and decisions generally follow prescribed guidelines; regular analysis required; regularly makes recommendations or referrals; responsible for solving moderate to complex technical problems or personnel issues
- MENTAL EFFORT: requires high levels of concentration and/or attentiveness; moderate duration and/or intensity of efforts; requires high levels of thinking, watching, listening, verifying, checking numbers, creating or designing
- PHYSICAL EFFORT: occasional duration or intensity of physical effort; some moderate energy required in terms of standing, walking, lifting, keyboarding, pushing, pulling, sitting, packing, assembling, bending or twisting; includes moderate fine or coarse movements
- MATERIAL RESOURCES: high level of consequence and costs associated with errors as related to losses of time, money, or property; high responsibility for machinery, work aids, equipment, materials, properties, products, stock, inventory or tools
- INFORMATION RESOURCES: high level of consequence and costs associated with errors as related to losses of time, money or property; moderate responsibility for information and or services; some access to confidential, sensitive or proprietary information
- PEOPLE/POLICIES/PRACTICES: supervisory responsibility for people, policies or practices in terms of assigning work, development, evaluation, supervision, health and safety, performance, scheduling of work, training, coaching, or well-being; regularly demonstrates work practices to others or be required to influence others to achieve output goals
- FINANCIAL RESOURCES: some responsibility for financial data, money or financial transactions, financial records, expenditures, acquisition, financial analysis or risk management; some opportunity to cause a negative impact to the organization or cause a serious consequence as a result of an error
- ENVIRONMENT: works in a manufacturing environment with regular or some exposure to dirt, dust, grease, oil, noise or temperature extremes; may regularly face multiple demands or distractions; has limited exposure to poor ventilation or verbal abuse
- HAZARDS: average to moderate exposure to chemicals, fumes or smoke; has occasional to regular potential of injury, harm, illness or infectious disease; has regular exposure to machinery or equipment; does not require travel
“Apollo Health & Beauty Care Ltd. will ensure accommodations are available in consultation with candidates during all stages of the recruitment process”
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties outlined on this job description may not be all-inclusive, and can be modified at any time if requested by management. Apollo is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process. Apollo will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those meeting the minimum qualifications will be interviewed.