Reporting to the Director of Education/Director of Medical Division, the Medical Education Specialist will be responsible for supporting internal and external medical cannabis education initiatives with key stakeholders. This position will contribute to the development of educational programs and materials that support Aphria's growth objectives for the medical division of the business, as well as build relationships with key opinion leaders, health care providers and medical organizations.
- Contribute to the development of medical education content, materials and tools for use across various internal and external stakeholders, including healthcare professionals and patients.
- Support the development and implementation of educational materials and tools, such as printed materials, webinars, video series, blogs, seminars, events and training sessions
- Participate in the delivery of medical product and brand education with both internal audiences (i.e. medical outreach team, patient care team) and external audiences (clinics, medical offices, customers).
- Conduct focus groups and/or informational interviews with healthcare professionals to gain insights that will help drive the development of educational programs and materials
- Gain a thorough understanding of the endocannabinoid system, the science of medical cannabis, as well as Aphria's current product offering and research initiatives.
- Work in collaboration with the Medical Outreach and Clinical Research departments.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work quickly with limited supervision
- Self-starter and proactive
- Superior written and presentation skills
- Ability to create and deliver captivating and engaging content to a wide variety of stakeholders in the medical field
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to work cross-functionally with various internal and external stakeholders
- Flexible - able to adapt, reacting swiftly to the changing regulatory and competitive environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to distill sometimes complex materials in a way that is easily understood by a wide variety of audiences.
- Some evenings and weekend work required.
Education and Experience
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Degree in science or equivalent
- Experience educating healthcare professionals A
- Experience in marketing an asset
- General knowledge of cannabis is considered an asset
Note: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not constructed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Aphria is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment process.
Job Type: Full-time