From Antal International we are selecting a Senior Electrical Engineer focus in the Railway sector for an important engineering and construction multinational company for their Madrid office.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer you will contribute to concept design, develop preliminary and detailed traction power substation designs for Project Manager check and approval as well as attend design team meetings as appropriate.
- Contribute to design development, design risk and mitigation and value engineering
- Attend design team meetings as appropriate.
- Obtain design information from sub-consultants/equipment suppliers.
- Produce detailed design information including calculations and design sketches.
- Check design drawings.
- Check technical reports.
- Check project specifications for construction.
- Carry out risk assessments and provision of design information for Health and Safety file.
- General Accountabilities:
- Complete timesheets on a daily basis, allocating time correctly against job numbers.
- Manage the team against the basis of fees and costs.
- Understand own and team contribution and impact on projects and develop an awareness of the implications for projects through the project management system.
- Work within the financial and programme constraints and consider financial implications in producing design options.
- Contribute and provide information for fee proposals.
- Mentor junior engineers
Specific Skills Required:
- Used to work with European and American standards
- Proficiency in French
- Proficiency in English
- User of Autocad BIM
- Familiar with ETAP and Caneco or similar electrical calculation software for HV and LV.
- Knowledge of Dassault software valued.
- No driving license required
- Extensive proven post graduate experience. (+8 years)
- Experience of railway electrification and plant design including DC Traction power system design, EMC experience.