6 month contract with possible extension
The Database and Security Administrator’s role is to design, install, monitor, maintain, and performance tune production databases while ensuring high levels of data availability. This role is also responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software. In addition, this role is responsible for providing application support for mission critical applications.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and 4 – 6 years equivalent work experience
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) or Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) is required
- Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting database servers, including SQL Server 2014
- Significant Microsoft background – Reporting and Integration Services, Web Server, Windows Forms and Web Services application design
- Hands-on database tuning and troubleshooting experience
- Enterprise Architect or Visio experience for data and process design modeling.
- Knowledge of applicable practices and laws relating to data privacy and protection
- In-depth experience with the following technologies of at least 3 – 4 years of experience:-
- Windows Server;
- Active Directory;
- Sharepoint SQL Server
- VMWare vSphere and vCenter 5.5+ experience
- Symantec Backup Exec backup/restore;
- Hyper convergence SAN storage and replication (Nutanix, Acropolis and Prism)
Annex Consulting Group is a full service IT and management consulting firm, specializing in staff augmentation contracting, permanent staffing, and outsourced solutions. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in location advertised.
Not interested but know someone who is a fit for this role? Check out the award-winning Annex Referral Program.
Contact Soraya Savji for further information.
Leaders in IT. Advisors in Business. Partners in Solutions