Summary of Job
The Senior Applications Specialist role provides technical expertise to the Project Managers and Sr. Manager, Application Support throughout the lifecycle of BI and Back office projects and will be responsible for overseeing the development and maintenance of a common development methodology and processes (standardize on tools such as JIRA), including BI data warehouse, Billing and invoicing (AVUS), Salesforce (CRM), etc., that will be used across multiple back office platforms.
Responsible for consulting on specifications with impacts to BI and Back office applications. This will also be the case for BI or Back office led projects. Responsible for assessment and estimations of effort and timeline estimates for review by the Architect BI and Back office, Project Managers and Sr. Manager Application Support for BI and Back office.
Responsible for establishing the technical feasibility of design proposals produced by BI and Back Office Project Managers and/or external consultants by reviewing the technology required to deliver such designs.
Responsible to outline the detailed application level architecture and design for review and approval by the Architect BI and Back office. Responsible for liaising with the architect team to ensure architectural integrity and consistency between systems and business processes thereby ensuring a scalable, high performing environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead the definition, design and implementation of common methodology and processes for BI and Back office applications. This can include testing methodology, refresh frequency and methodology for sandbox and non-production environments to enable accurate regression testing, using tools like JIRA for ticketing and workflow between development teams.
- Lead solution designs and fully document architecture proposals and high-level design documents for approval by the Architect team as per Trader governance policies and standards. Help design coding standards along with the Architect team and ensure consistent adoption by developers in BI and Back Office.
- Ensure architectural consistency and coherence between systems and business processes through systems analysis & design, modeling, integration planning, technology and component selection. Conduct configuration and code reviews mentoring and coaching the team’s internal resources or providing objective feedback to consultants and development partners to ensure proper execution of projects.
- Support the technology to be used in Trader BI and Back office Project, and BAU activities, managing a clear technology roadmap to ensure platforms stay current and in line with market force skills.
- Provide assistance to the Program Director, Project Managers and BI Director in the estimation process for effort required for business deliverables and provide input into the development of Business Cases.
- Ability to interface with technical experts in Online and Mobile platforms
- Ability to work with managers and other business stakeholders in Marketing Intelligence, Sales and Finance teams
- Must be able to analyze and translate data for non-technical audience
- University Degree or equivalent in Computer Science related subject
- 8+ years of experience in software industry; strong knowledge of database design, and data warehouse technologies
- Strong skills in troubleshooting and designing software systems to support back office applications (e.g. Billing, Finance, CRM, etc.)
- Experience in coding T-SQL, complex stored procedures, functions, and views (We are looking for somebody that will assist with development across the entire Microsoft SQL stack)
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server Database Adminstration, and relational database concepts
- Experience in fine-tuning procedures, indexes for performance improvement
- Proficient, C#, .Net, and legacy platforms
- Knowledge of object-oriented design principles and ability to design software systems at an abstract/conceptual level as well as at a detailed level
- Project Management experience would be an asset
- Good written & spoken English communication skills, bilingual an asset
Experience/exposure to Trader back office systems is a plus