Solution Architect – Enterprise Architecture, Global Accounts Receivables Team
This role will be within the American Express Enterprise Architecture team, working with Enterprise Platforms Technology team who provides Global Account Receivable capabilities, API Enablement, Leadership in Delivery, supporting Global AR Strategy, Governance, Architecture, Design and Engagement. Successful candidate will be partnering with delivery teams across AR and Loyalty Domains as well as with multiple teams consuming services from Global AR platforms.
Responsibilities will include:
- Hands on developer with interest and experience or expertise in architecting and developing high performance, highly consistent payment systems in an active-active, multi-data center environment without reliance on either centralized, proprietary or exotic hardware or software stacks.
- Ability to build software that can scale elastically across multiple data centers and cloud vendors while staying resilient in the presence of attacks on availability through spiked usage, denial of service or failure injection testing (chaos experiments) is a must.
- Lives, breathes by testing at every stage of development. This includes unit, mutation, use-case, performance, availability (failure injection) and consistency testing
- Ability to communicate these ideas and influence and mentor those that are new to these ideas
- Ability to communicate with precision while being concise.
- Ability to interview, hire and retain teams of brilliant engineers
- Works closely with Delivery and Engineering teams, Product Owners and technical platform teams to architect, design and develop high quality APIs and solutions supporting business process improvements that support our business and technical strategies.
- End-to-end software development of complex distributed cloud based micro-service systems
- Extensive experience using a systems analysis and design methodology
- Provide expertise to development team working from various locations on system development and systems integration. This should also extend to providing detailed guidance at the code level to support Engineers delivering code.
- Performing research and development to evaluate emerging technologies and their potential to redesign AR platforms.
- Building and enhancing the infrastructure required to support the platforms in terms of robustness, scalability, availability and efficiency
- Aligning solutions to strategic technical and capability roadmaps and identifying new shared capabilities and business opportunities.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field (or equivalent work experience)
- 5+ years of experience in IT, with an emphasis on API and Micro-service development, and proven ability in delivery services using NodeJS, Java and IBM WebSphere DataPower appliances or using similar components or frameworks.
- Certifications appropriate to the role (i.e. SUN JCP, TOGAF v8 or v9, etc.)
Practical experience of the following technologies and platforms (deep technical understanding in several areas is expected)
- gRPC/REST and Graph QL Protocols
- Java/Node JS Frameworks and Components (Java Spring Boot, rxJava, Reactor, Guice, etc…)
- Cloud Architecture OpenStack/OpenShift, AWS, Google Cloud etc.
- Open Source Integration Frameworks (Vert.x, React, GraphQL, Relay, Camel, Spring and others)
- API & Service Integration development techniques
- Performance engineering techniques
- Good knowledge of Design Patterns and Reactive Java frameworks
- Build, automated integration and deployment tools such as InteliJ, Eclipse, Maven, Jenkins.
- Experience in delivering code using TDD, CI/CD, Code Analysis and Coverage tools to support automated testing and monitoring (AppDynamics, SonarCube, Zipkin, Jaeger, etc…)
- Source Code Management Systems (GIT, SVN)
- Security – secure development principles, OAuth, infrastructure security, Voltage, etc
- Experience of working with TOGAF or other Enterprise Architecture Frameworks and their application
- Cloud infrastructure, Docker, Linux OS, distributed NoSQL/NewSQL datastores
- HA Design/Architecture principles
Additional experience that would be advantageous
- Distributed database and caching solutions (MapR, HBASE, CouchBase, Mongo DB, REDIS, Apache Cassandra, Elastic Search, etc…)
- WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances (XI50 or newer)
- Mainframe systems architecture and design
The successful candidate will have -
- Experience of a broad range of Enterprise technology domains and technology implementations
- The ability to quickly understand new technology environments, concepts and architectures.
- Experience in Agile methodology.
- Strong communication skills and experience of working in a geographically dispersed team
- Ability to interact with and influence colleagues and business partners at all seniority levels
- Strong knowledge and understanding of applications architecture, systems design and integration principles with a detailed understanding of applicable programming methodologies.
- Proven understanding of architectural concepts (security, data flow, network, data architecture) issues and trends.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills
- Able to apply existing and emerging technologies / architectures to deliver innovative solutions
- Strong analytical skills - problem identification and resolution
- Strong technical leadership
- Experience as subject matter expert for multiple initiatives
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 17, 2018, 3:43:46 PM