The American Express Small Medium Enterprise, Global Commercial Services team is a dynamic, expanding and high performance organization that acquires, grows and retains Small Business and Corporate client customers and prospects across Canada. GCS is the international leader in providing payment solutions in the B2B space. This organization is one of the key growth areas for GCS and Amex Bank of Canada.
The SME Account Development Team in Canada is looking for a Senior Manager of Account Development to lead and influence a team of sales minded Account Development Executives. The successful candidate will support the development and drive the execution of the key B2B charge volume strategies to aggressively Retain, Grow and Cross-sell to our portfolio of GCS and SBS clients.
The successful candidate will achieve results through a combination of effective people, thought and execution leadership and being an effective ‘deal manager’. The successful candidate will work with various internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the organization to, retain existing charge volume, mitigate charge volume loss, identify and close growth opportunities. The role reports to the Director of Account Development.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
- Attract, develop and coach a high performing results oriented team to achieve aggressive results (~10+ direct reports who are telephone based Account Development Executives). .
- Ability to enhance direct reports financial fluency acumen to identify Working Capital opportunities, and to captivate C-level engagement by effectively articulating and quantifying our value proposition.
- Provide excellent people leadership and change management support while driving aggressive growth targets.
- Ensure various performance and productivity systems and tools are being utilized effectively to manage portfolio performance.
- Active participation with ADE and clients to identify Opportunities and close deals, while also acting as the primary escalation point on critical issues.
- Working with a sense of urgency to drive key scorecard & diagnostic performance metrics across the team of ADEs
- Strong probing, communication and presentation skills with the ability to deliver a compelling ROI message. A true challenger who teaches new insights to differentiate American Express solutions, tailors messages for resonance and takes control of the buying process by clearly articulating the risk of not moving forward.
Strategic and Analytical
- Participation in strategic planning to shape the future direction for the group.
- Partner effectively with key support teams and business partners to achieve results.
- Strategize with business partners on portfolio campaigns. Consistently develop and execute upon vertical and competitive industry knowledge and new growth initiatives to increase billings. Work with the team and colleagues to implement and share best practices. (Project Management experience is an asset).
- Analyze portfolio and implement tactical strategies across the team to mitigate decline, retain & expand charge volume by capturing incremental B2B spend.
- Keep up-to-date on products, competition in the financial services space, and relevant developments in targeted industries.
- 2-3+ years people leadership experience in a complex, fast paced environment preferably leading a B2B telephone based team focused on Sales and Account Development.
- University/College graduate with combination of relevant business experience.
- Proven ability to attract, coach and develop talent to deliver results and lead in an aggressive growth focused organization.
- Strong analytical, financial and business acumen.
- Ability to lead and manage through continuous and various degrees of change as well as experience driving results through motivation, inspiring vision and hands on leadership.
- Strong understanding of Commercial Card products and/or B2B payment solutions with demonstrated ability to engage with C-Level Executive clients and exceed customer expectations.
- Proven ability to effectively operate in a matrix environment – successfully partnering with key groups across the organization in an effective manner to execute strategies that drive results and to uncover product and process improvement opportunities.
- Ability to effectively manage a large portfolio of accounts and Charge Volume while maintaining a continuous healthy pipeline of growth opportunities
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 2, 2018, 7:15:30 AM