Junior Software Engineer – (CO-Op)
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high-performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team!
You will join a fast-paced software delivery team and work together with them to build incredible things on the Salesforce.com platform.
You’ll have a direct impact on applications that we roll out to our global user base. Your responsibilities will include software delivery, user story preparation, and participation in discussions with end users to understand their requirements.
Take advantage of mentorship, pair programming, flexible work environment, and interesting and challenging assignments to further your development
- A desire to learn is critical for success in this role. You’ll work on a new platform and programming language (Salesforce.com) over the course of your co-op
- Must be currently enrolled in a STEM degree that supports their desire to build software as a career
- Must have some experience (work or academic) developing software in any language
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Nice to Have
- Theoretical or working knowledge of Public Cloud computing
- Familiarity with Scrum software development or other agile methodology
- Experience with Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) platforms, web service integrations, or Service Oriented Architectures (SOA)
- Familiarity with Eclipse Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time