If you possess an electrical engineering degree and are passionate about sales and finding new opportunities to solve customer challenges, and you have a tenacious, self-starter attitude, this is an ideal opportunity! We are a well-established manufacturing/distribution company seeking a full-time, salaried (plus commission) electrical sales engineer to help us grow within the OEM electrical industries.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Cold calling and qualifying business opportunities, mainly through outbound calls and on-site customer meetings.
- Service and further penetrate current customers by building superior relationships and maintaining regular contact.
- Maintain a current CRM database on opportunities for prospects and current customers.
- Weekly communication through the CRM database with the management team on account/prospecting activities.
- Develop all quotes through CRM on assigned accounts.
- Handle customer issues and RGA's as required.
- Stay knowledgeable on existing and emerging product technologies.
- Report competitive conditions encountered to management.
- Make sales calls at customer sites on a regular basis and willing to travel up to 25% of time.
- Work as an effective team player.
- Other duties as requested to manage and enhance prospects and customer relationships.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- 2-5 years previous success in business-to-business sales or new business development is required.
- Technical degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to quickly establish and maintain strong relations with customers, especially design engineers
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products: Power Point, Word, Excel and CRM
- Organized and focused through daily routines, planning and time management
- Self-starter, with high motivation and desire for sales success
- Solution-focused sales approach and detail oriented
- Willingness to persevere until the business is won.
- Possess a strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit
* Must be willing to attend meetings at the corporate office in Elkhart, IN and travel between Chicago and the West Coast.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Electrical Engineering Sales: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Paid time off