Successfully develop and implement global sourcing and production strategies and lead product development & technical design while maintaining design’s aesthetic and achieving margin goals for Aerie.
Sourcing & Production
- Successfully develop and lead the global sourcing strategy for Aerie.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with business partners, key vendors and suppliers to assess capabilities, capacity, growth, & long range planning.
- Provide leadership and expertise to company strategies such as Global Expansion, Direct to Consumer, and Differentiated Supply Chain
- Identify top talent and continue to provide new opportunities to inspire and grow high performers.
- Develop a succession plan that supports the business while utilizing the individual strengths of the team members
- Develop annual, seasonal and product-specific calendars to manage product from inception through store receipt.
- Establish relationships with existing and potential agents, suppliers and vendors for optimal cooperation and partnership.
- Analyze alternate countries and factories on a continual basis and provide direction based on current market trends and conditions.
- Develop strategic and seasonal plans for the anticipated growth and demands for new production capacity.
- Communicate with Merchants and Designers consistently on all potential problems related to potential fabric, construction and quality issues.
- Establish and communicate opportunities and needs to expand the global vendor, mill and supply base.
- Counter-source as necessary to achieve design aesthetic while maintaining competition.
- Empower and support team to own all production issues in assigned category, i.e., pricing, placement, fit design appropriateness, delivery.
- Lead team to anticipate, monitor and resolve all production issues to ensure quality merchandise and timely deliveries.
- Travel, as necessary, to strengthen relationships, advance strategies, monitor key programs in production and to evaluate factories for capabilities and execution.
- Work closely with Merchandising & Planning Teams to project needs, plan production schedules and build in necessary flexibility.
- Negotiate price on new orders and compensation for any performance short falls.
- Manage production timetables for optimal delivery and create contingency triggers.
- Oversee and communicate development and fit specifications from initial concept through TOP Samples, through written reports, phone communication, and sketches/pattern corrections.
- Optimize fit scheduling and standards
- Organize team as necessary
- Represent the company interest in all areas of universal and consistent fit and proper construction
- Budget and control all T/E expenses
- Approve pricing on all production orders.
- Approve production start times and quantities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Merchandising, Business or equivalent. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- 15+ years minimum related experience; 10+ years in a leadership role
- Demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy (coolness and composure under strain, confidence without arrogance).
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior leadership
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting