Work within a specific classification and implement the supervisor's direction in all aspects of the design process, from initial concept stage to presentation, to development and execution of the final product.
- Work closely with supervisor to design category-specific product based on design direction given
- Learn and understand raw materials and trims related to a specific classification
- Perform daily follow-up using email and PLM
- Interact with buyers and vendors to develop working partnership
- Prepare presentation boards for monthly meetings with effective delegation to freelancers and interns
- Observe presentation techniques and be prepared to make preliminary presentations
- Maintain daily running or classification while designer travels including fit sessions
- Perform preliminary design research domestically
- Comment on lab dips, wash submits and finishes with supervisor approval
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion or Art (or equivalent experience and education)
- At least 1 year related experience
- Ability to act as liaison between many departments: excellent communication and analytic skills.
- Must be detail oriented, computer literate and able to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Working knowledge of Illustrator and Excel
- Familiar with PC format
American Eagle Outfitters is an Equal Opportunity Employer.