The American Diabetes Association is seeking an experienced fundraising professional to develop and steward corporate and individual relationships. Primary duties of the Associate Director, Development include the development and stewardship of existing and new corporate partners, individuals and volunteers.
This individual will identify new opportunities to grow portfolio engagement across all fundraising channels to increase revenue, including corporate partnerships, commercial co-ventures, special events, and individual giving. A successful Associate Director will manage and steward a portfolio of corporate and individual relationships and work as a team player to drive growth that achieves our mission and revenue goals. This position is accountable for significant revenue targets and will influence the strategic implementation of local and nationwide initiatives.
The ideal candidate must have a proven track record of success in fundraising and/or sales. Exceptional organizational and written and verbal communication skills are necessary for this position. Must have ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and achieve results in a team environment.
- Creates and executes fundraising strategies to raise $500,000–$750,000 annually from corporations; works to grow additional sources of revenue
- Serves as a key member of the development team, influencing and driving strategy, relationships and best practices to accomplish market and region financial goals
- Responsible for developing and stewarding a portfolio of relationships to provide funding for our mission (sponsorship, retail campaigns, event teams, grants, donations and other partnerships)
- Develops revenue projections and provides financial analysis
- Oversees stewardship activities; ensures a high-touch response to partners and donors
- Ensures compliance with Association policies, including employment, risk management, event and cash handling, and financial controls
- Demonstrates integrity, collaboration and stewardship
Take Your Career On A Mission
Are you looking for a career that directly impacts your community and beyond?
Over 29 million Americans have diabetes and over 86 million have pre-diabetes. The ADA offers a rewarding career working for one of the premier voluntary health organizations in the world supporting people with Type 1 & Type 2 Diabetes.
Our employees like working at the ADA because of our mission, the inclusive environment, work-life balance, our benefits, and our culture. Joining our dedicated team affords the gratification of knowing beyond a doubt that you will impact the lives and well-being of millions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the American Diabetes Association to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
To find out more about the ADA as well as other exciting and fulfilling career opportunities please visit us at http://www.diabetes.org/.
Together We Can Stop Diabetes!