A textile distribution company in the South Bay area is looking for a full time Development Manager. This position requires the application of knowledge of technical principle related to textile development and manufacturing, developing patterns, markers and cost models. The individual in this position will be working with manufacturing to develop new products and improve cost and quality of current products.
* Create/develop internal technical capabilities and expertise related to textile processes, manufacturing, raw materials, and technology. Complete product costing, patterns, markers.
* Actively participating in new-product development and technology efforts related to products
* Identify, evaluate, manage, and provide guidance to suppliers, including establishing tolerances and defining acceptance criteria for suppliers related to textile materials, manufacturing processes and design.
* Work with manufacturing and product development.
* Possible travel - 10%
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree.
* Five to ten years marketing/product development and or telecommunications experience preferred.
* Five to ten years of spreadsheet-based numerical analysis.
* Five to ten years computer experience (internet, windows, database, etc.).
* Experience in product development, strategic planning, and implementation preferred.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
* Advanced spreadsheet and numerical analysis skills: business cases, margin and cash flow analysis.
* Ability to write and deliver training courses and materials.
* Ability to exercise tact and good interpersonal skills.
* Project management skills.
* Group facilitation skills.
* Time management skills.
* Analytical skills.
* Problem solving skills.
* Ability to be pro-active with a sense of urgency.
* Ability to read, understand and communicate technical documentation.
* Be a self-starter, a highly motivated person able to work in a fast paced environment that is continually changing.
Job Type: Full-time