American Cover Design which is a major importer and distributor of machine made, Decorative Area Rugs is looking to hire an experienced Warehouse Manager to help us with our expansions. We are reorganizing and implementing an ERP system in our 180,000 sq. ft. warehouse in Vernon and the successful applicants must be eager to role up their sleeves and get involved in this project to start with, for completion of which a lump sum bonus has been designated.
The Warehouse Manager will be totally accountable and responsible for organizing, planning, directing and controlling all warehouse operations. Ensures efficient warehousing and timely distribution of all products to meet the company's and customers' expectations.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for practicing and supporting our Core Values; Customer Service, Reliability, Integrity, Respect, and Team Work.
- Effectively train, delegate, and manage warehouse personnel in regard to their individual tasks, company rules, safety, schedules, behavior, and personal development.
- Build and maintain motivated and productive teams through coaching, guiding, training, and communication.
- Assists in monitoring completion of assignments through frequent walkthroughs of the warehouse to ensure compliance with standards and instructions.
- Develops processes to address sub-standard areas of performance to drive continuous improvement of performance.
- Prepares reports, analyzes data and makes recommendations for improving warehouse workflow.
- Oversees the planned maintenance of warehouse equipment.
- Enforces programs which comply with governmental agencies; State and Federal Labor Laws, OSHA, and Health Department.
- Understands and controls warehouse operating expenses, including labor and overtime.
- Ensure that employees are using safety equipment, and enforce safety policy and procedures; report employee injuries to Corporate Office WC Claims Administrator immediately. Full support of all safety programs.
- Make yourself available, and approachable, to all employees, listen to their needs, opinions, or complaints, and follow through on resolving them.
- Conducts employee performance reviews.
- Attend scheduled meetings.
- Report possible injuries according to company policy.
Competencies & Must haves:
- At least 5 years of compliance experience with vendor agreements of national retailers such as listed below to minimize chargebacks.
- Experience in warehouses that handled Household, Consumer goods, clothing, electronics, appliances, housewares, furniture, decorative items, etc.
- Experience with big retailers such as Walmart, Target, Costco, Kroger, Macy's, TJX, Dollar General, Dollar Tree, B.J.'s Wholesale, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Menards, Tuesday Morning, Meijers, Sam's Club, etc.
- At least five years experience in E-commerce especially AMAZON.
- Ability to work cooperatively, communicate effectively, and maintains effective customer relations in accomplishment of all job responsibilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.Warehouse management systems experience.
- Proficient use of ERP software.
- Ability to effectively manage time and lead a team of subordinates.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all equipment used in the warehouse.
- Good knowledge of safety regulations applicable to the warehouse.
- Ability to prepare accurate and reliable reports.
- Knowledge and use of Word and Excel.
- Must be extremely punctual.
Extensive leadership skills. Responsible for the direction and supervision of the warehouse team and assuming total responsibility for the actions of all subordinates.
The company operates a 180,000 Sq ft environment, which has an open warehouse and offices. The manager routinely walks the warehouse as needed; will use forklift and electric jack. Uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Must be very fit physically. Required to walk frequently throughout the warehouse and receiving/shipping docks. Some office work at a desk.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position with a 5-day work week. Must make sure that each day's work is completed.
MUST BE ABLE TO PROVIDE RELIABLE AND VERIFIABLE REFERENCES FROM THREE PAST JOBS' IMMEDIATE SUPERVISORS.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- Household, Consumer goods, clothing, electronics, shipping: 5 years (Preferred)
- E-commerce handling and processing especially AMAZON: 5 years (Preferred)
- 200,000 PLUS sg. ft. warehouse: 10 years (Preferred)
- Compliance with national retailer agreements & chargebacks: 10 years (Preferred)
- Shipping to Walmart, Target, Costco, Kroger, TJMax, Macy's+: 10 years (Preferred)