Responsible for accounting activities such as maintaining general ledgers, preparing financial transactions and reconciliations, collecting and evaluating data.
- Prepares, verifies, and controls the entering of journal entries to the general ledger
- Evaluates select subsidiary journals for obvious errors and omissions and enters corrected data into the general ledger.
- Performs tasks associated with the general ledger, i.e., enters monthly journal entries, executes monthly closing entries
- Interfaces with various departments to determine monthly accruals
- Assists with the monthly review of balance sheet and profit-and-loss statements
- Assists with updating the financial statements to ensure that the information reported properly reflects the company's financial position
- Assists in reviewing and updating monthly closing procedures
- Subsidiary Schedules: Reviews supporting schedules to ensure that the Company's accounting practices are being maintained; makes recommendations where applicable
- Reviews and performs account reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts.
- Gathers information on processes, organizational structure, policies and procedures, and computer technology; identifies needed process improvements
- Reviews and documents present accounting practices and procedures
- Assists with budgeting tasks and budgeting software maintenance
- Maintain a commitment to and align with ACE mission, vision, values and programs, to successfully lead teams to represent ACE
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 3 – 4 years of experience in Accounting
- Knowledge of Accounting principles and practices
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, and organize efficiently
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Proficient with Great Plains
- Prophix experience a plus
- Previous supervisory skills a plus