Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review bi-weekly payroll prepared by our Payroll Coordinator and prepare other payroll/employee benefit (Expense Reimbursements, Vacation, 401K, health insurance etc.) related reports, journal entries, and reconciliations.
- Primary contributor to month-end closing including sending our monthly department reports, closing the ledgers, posting accruals and reclasses, as well as bank reconciliations and general account reconciliations (revenue recognition, prepaid insurance, investments).
- Prepare daily cash reports using information from our US and Canadian banks.
- Post tournament revenues and maintain our tournament accounts receivable by communicating with tournament sponsors.
- Maintain the books for a smaller intercompany charitable foundation.
- Scan all paperwork into our electronic filing system and maintain careful records.
- Use multiple software systems to keep track of data.
- Resolve payment discrepancies and other member/club/tournament issues by understanding our processes and conducting research in our software systems and in collaboration with other departments.
- Provide telephone and e-mail correspondence regarding questions.
- Strive to understand the consequences that tasks and transactions have on the organization’s processes and the organization’s financials.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum 2 years as an Accountant
- Computer Software Skills – Has the ability to access multiple IT/Software systems including Financial Software (JD Edwards/Great Plains), AS-400, Customer Relations Management and other custom software for daily processes and for investigating and resolving customer complaints and queries.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills– Engages in productive daily interactions with immediate peers, peers in other departments; as well as regular interaction with immediate manager, managers in other departments, and executives. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to properly work with customers and tournament directors.
- Flexibility - A high level of flexibility is necessary to handle changes in process and tools. Our organization is always adapting.
- Comfort with Research – Must have analytical and problem-solving skills and a strong desire to provide others with the right answer.
- Organizational Skills – Must have the ability to multitask efficiently and to be thorough. Must have superior attention to detail.
- Quality of Work Output – Produces work that is error free the first time with little waste.
- Quantity of Work Output – Consistent focus on meeting goals, deadlines, and objectives of the accounting team.
- Team/Unit Contribution – Consistently serves as a team player on the accounting team.
- Technical Learning – Demonstrates strong interest in learning the background of the organization and the complexity of our processes to build a sense of understanding and sound judgment.