Job Title: Senior Event Manager
Reports to: Director of Global Events
Location: New York City
About Our Company
American Conference Institute, a global organization with affiliates in Toronto, Canada and London, UK, has for over 30 years been one of U.S. leading providers of conferences and related products to senior leaders in the legal, business, and government sectors.
With offices in New York, Toronto (Canada), and London (UK), our talented team of professionals believe that growth and success occurs when the power of people and the power of information come together. This position will be based out of our New York office.
Are you an events professional who is interested in working for a Global Organization with the opportunity to travel and collaborate directly with a team? If so, this is the role for you! The primary role and responsibility of the Senior Event Manager is to source, contract venues to implement and execute the meeting logistics for the 140+ conferences held domestically and internationally by the C5 Group Inc. The position will report to the Director of Global Events for assigned conferences of approximately 25 per year. The Event Coordinators for ACI & CI will report into the Senior Event Manager. The Senior Event Manager will be a critical, contributing team member and must work with the cross functional teams, consultants and vendors to ensure the conferences meet C5 Group's mission, purpose and budget.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Budget and expense management for assigned conferences to include: (1) Manage P&L's, identifying and reporting areas of opportunity and/or challenge to the Director of Global Events; (2) Manage hotel/venue and all vendor contracts to meet approved budgeted expenses per line item; and (3) Provide a monthly and post conference final expense report to the Director of Global Events;
- Assist with site and hotel/venue selection, Request for Proposals (RFPs) and contracting for conferences;
- Develop and source RFPs for suppliers and vendors (audio visual, decorator, etc.) required for assigned conferences. Compile, analyze, recommend, final select and manage;
- Assist in creating the standard operating procedures document (SOP) and adhere to timelines;
- Create and manage a master contract critical obligations checklist for assigned conferences monitoring and executing all contracted obligations;
- Actively participate in all conference planning meetings;
- Logistics support to include but not limited to: (1) Direct contact for contracted hotel/venue; (2) Manage all meeting planning related vendors to include, but not limited to: housing (room block) a/v, registration, catering, transportation, destination management company (special events), production company etc.; (3) Create and maintain master staging guide, including meeting room assignments, floor plans and room sets (4) Set-up and manage all aspects of housing, including, reservations, room blocks, attrition management and weekly reporting; (5) Create function sheets for hotel and review and approve corresponding BEOs; (6) Produce Run of Show document for onsite use; (7) If attending conference, all onsite logistics management including setting pre cons, managing food and beverage, audio visual, education room sets, sponsor sets, etc.; and (8) Prepare and distribute a comprehensive post conference report to the Director of Meetings;
- Responsible for managing and training Event Coordinators for ACI and CI.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- A minimum of 5 - 7 years of related background, training and work experience;
- Previous experience with a conference management organization a plus;
- Previous experience managing multiple conferences (up to 30) per year;
- Previous experience managing a small team an asset;
- CMP Designation preferred;
- International Experience (including but not limited to Contract Negotiation) is an asset
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, PDF and PowerPoint;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project environment, producing quality outcomes while ensuring all deadlines are met;
- Possesses exceptional organizational and interpersonal communication (written and oral) skills;
- Self-motivated, able to work both independently, and in a team environment;
- Takes initiative and has willingness to take ownership for assigned work;
- Strong work ethic with enthusiasm for learning all aspects of planning and executing education conferences;
- Willingness to learn and identify ways to adapt and improve outcomes that encourage greater efficiency before, during and after conferences;
- Professional attitude and appearance;
- Must be available for international travel. Varies by assigned conferences and includes weekends;
- Able to stand and walk for extended periods.
American Conference Institute (ACI) values the diversity (all the ways in which we are different) of our colleagues. As an equal opportunity employer, we promote this diversity and ensure that persons are recruited, hired, assigned, and promoted without regard to race, religion, color,
national origin, sexual orientation, sex, veteran's status, age, gender identity, disability, familial status, pregnancy, or any other trait protected by law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Event Planning: 5 years (Required)
- Event Management: 5 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules