Provides support to executive, engineering, and marketing staff to ensure the smooth execution of Association programs. Responsible for undertaking daily operational tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the Association's membership activities. Supports association staff with the creative development of content for promotion and marketing materials.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining the Association's contact data base records, membership files and all records of ACPA membership.
- Developing content for brochures, websites, social media, and other communication materials to promote the Association's events and membership.
- Assisting with registration activities for the Association's webinars, training courses, board meetings, and the annual and mid-year events.
- Assisting other staff with meeting preparation, including developing, organizing and shipping meeting materials to events and trade shows.
- Communicating with the Association Board of Directors and other committees on meeting schedules, announcements, transmittal of reports, minutes, etc., as directed.
- Proofreading newsletters and other Association communications and documentation.
- Aiding staff with executing various membership programs, including award recognition, as directed.
- Fulfilling order requests for publications and other Association products.
- Assisting other staff with general project support, mailings and shipments.
- Developing and sustaining productive working relationships across the organization.
Experience and Skills/Traits Required:
- Bachelor's Degree or related experience required.
- Demonstrated competencies with the Microsoft Office suite of products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher). Desktop publishing and experience with online applications is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A good eye for design of communication materials.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail.
- Organizational skills, including an ability to prioritize assignments, meet deadlines and work independently on various projects.
- Consistent cooperative attitude and ability to assume responsibility for assignments.
- Flexibility to work with others as a team member, providing courteous service to staff and external customers.
- A demonstrated commitment to follow-through (a high level of drive).
- Ability to engage in continuous improvement; providing suggestions for improvement; offering solutions to challenges/issues while exhibiting and maintaining good team spirit.
- Light travel includes attending multi-day meetings/events (1 to 2 times a year).
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other office equipment.
- Ability to occasionally lift/pull up to 50 pounds when packing materials for meetings or events.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Microsoft Publisher: 3 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (Required)
- Desktop Publishing/Web: 3 years (Preferred)
- related: 3 years (Preferred)