This position will be responsible for oversight of the timeline, development and production of oncologic publications and other projects. The Project Manager position would manage the day-to-day activities in support of these projects and would act as liaison between the external project leaders, publishers, and project teams at ACS.
This Exempt Level position will report to the Senior Manager, ACS Clinical Research Program in the Division of Research and Optimal Patient Care.
- Manage the production of ACS CRP publications such as the Operative Standards for Cancer Surgery manuals. Develop production project plans and timelines. Review content to ensure consistency throughout manual and with previous volumes. Serve as the primary contact for questions/issues. Manage other related projects including but not limited to the Annals of Surgical Oncology series and Journal of the American College of Surgeons video series for the OSCS manuals.
- Manage calls/meetings with external project leaders, contributors and the publisher. Create agendas and maintain accurate record of meeting/call proceedings. Maintain accurate SharePoint web pages as a resource for contributors.
- Responsible for managing the development of content updates for publications, including coordination with external project leaders and the publisher, submission of content and establishing a timeline.
- Work with Cancer Programs Marketing Manager to develop and support promotional efforts to increase product awareness and sales.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a copy editing or publishing position preferred.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Strong follow-up and attention to detail skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) necessary to effectively interact with all levels of organization.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Display high level of energy and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to organize, plan, lead and manage projects within deadline and budget parameters and achieve measurable results.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with all division teams and management.
Physical/Work Environment: Fast paced with significant people interaction. No lifting over 20 pounds, minimal reaching bending and stooping. Normal office environment with long hours in front of the computer.
Other Necessary Requirements: Minimal travel for activities such as out of town meetings is required.
The American College of Surgeons is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 202-5000 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
The American College of Surgeons will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans,
and Individuals with Disabilities