The purpose of this job is to promote the content and publications of the American College of Healthcare Executives in a manner that supports our vision, mission, and values.
This position collaborates on the creation of marketing and sales plans for Health Administration Press (HAP), the publishing division of the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE). The Marketing and Sales Specialist manages specific aspects of HAP’s promotional efforts, including digital activities and direct marketing campaigns. The role develops marketing content for distribution via various print and digital platforms and tracks, analyzes, and reports on results. The role will be accountable for the outcomes generated from these efforts and for recommending changes that will continuously improve results. This position also collaborates with marketing staff across the organization to cross-promote HAP-specific products and enhance other ACHE offerings, including educational programs and the top-rated Healthcare Executive magazine. The Marketing and Sales Specialist will be a key liaison to HAP’s fulfillment and marketing/sales partner.
Marketing Activities 60% of Time
Collaborates on marketing planning:
- Contributes to the development of the annual HAP marketing plan.
- Identifies target markets for HAP publications and develops strategies for reaching those markets. Partners with other ACHE divisions and HAP’s fulfillment and marketing/sales partner on similar efforts.
- Works with authors to develop marketing plans for specific publications. Fields author questions about marketing efforts.
- Provides HAP’s fulfillment and marketing/sales partner with core metadata and product descriptions to support their efforts; uploads metadata and electronic files into partner’s title management system.
Manages direct marketing projects:
- Develops strategic messaging for two distinct audiences—academic instructors and ACHE members/healthcare executives. Writes, proofs, and edits broadcast e-mails, catalogs, and brochures targeted to these audiences.
- Coordinates the production and distribution of projects, including the work of outside writers, designers, and printers.
- Cross-promotes HAP publications in ACHE materials, including seminar brochures, newsletters, and Healthcare Executive magazine.
- Collaborates with HAP’s fulfillment and marketing/sales partner(s) on their efforts to reach new audiences, including nonmembers, general consumers, and international outlets.
Reports on marketing efforts:
- Prepares reports on promotion effectiveness, including recommendations that will support future growth.
- Prepares sales reports and monthly updates as requested.
Digital Activities 25% of Time
Coordinates all HAP digital activities:
- Advances HAP’s presence on key social media outlets through a mix of content marketing and promotional strategies.
- Develops new website content and features that showcase HAP publications. Applies best practices in search engine optimization.
- Develops HAP-related broadcast e-mails, including the creation of content marketing that adds value to our efforts.
- Ensures the accuracy of all HAP offerings in netFORUM and within the fulfillment partner’s system.
Event Marketing 10% of Time
Manages exhibit arrangements and displays at meetings:
- Develops and implements the project plan for meetings. Creates event collateral and space signage, completes trade show forms, plans the exhibit space, and ensures materials are shipped and returned.
- Assists authors in promoting their books at non-ACHE speaking engagements.
Administrative Activities 5% of Time
- Maintains records, files, and databases.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Baccalaureate degree in marketing, journalism, English, communications or related field.
- Two to three years’ experience in marketing required; experience in direct marketing and digital marketing (including social media and search engine optimization) preferred.
- Writing and editing experience required; content marketing experience preferred.
- Familiarity with technical aspects of website development required, including experience with HTML coding and Dreamweaver.
- Education or experience in the healthcare industry preferred.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, prioritize and complete assignments on time, accurately and within budget.
- Must be driven to achieve results and improve outcomes.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong customer service orientation.
- Must have strong project management skills.
- Must have strong team orientation.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be detail oriented and able to multitask.
- Ability to travel.
- Must have regular and predictable attendance.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. In addition, percentages allocated to job functions are subject to change at the supervisor’s discretion. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations.