WE ARE ON A MISSION AND SEARCHING FOR A MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
The mission of the American Brain Tumor Association is to advance the understanding and treatment of brain tumors with the goals of improving, extending and, ultimately, saving the lives of those impacted by a brain tumor diagnosis. Leveraging your marketing and communications expertise, your efforts will help foster meaningful engagement with our audience to ultimately drive awareness, understanding, engagement and revenue.
The Marketing and Communications Manager will help to develop, implement and guide marketing and communications strategies to amplify brand awareness and foster engagement with stakeholders, including patients, caregivers, donors, volunteers, medical professionals and media. This role will be instrumental in creating and facilitating integrated digital strategies to accelerate brand awareness, disease understanding and fundraising efforts through social media marketing, digital influencer engagement, e-communications and website content.
In this position, you will be responsible for a variety of strategic marketing and communications activities including, but not limited to:
- Help to develop and implement a cohesive and integrated marketing and communications strategy to elevate awareness of the organization and drive stakeholder engagement.
- Lead the development and execution of insight-driven social media and digital strategy across paid, earned and owned channels.
- Establish and cultivate a social media influencer network to accelerate awareness and engagement by target audiences.
- Develop and manage website content and design enhancements. Conduct quarterly audits to ensure content, images and resources are accurate and remain relevant. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to align on content priorities and timing. Manage website vendor to facilitate infrastructure updates, SEO, SEM and analytic reporting.
- Develop and execute cohesive content marketing strategies for brochures, direct mail, print advertising, publications, emails, web content, social media and other digital media channels.
- Manage and facilitate content updates and production of literature with fulfillment vendor.
- Keep abreast of emerging digital and social media trends and technologies. Serve as the organization's go-to resource on digital inquiries and strategies.
- Identify and establish KPIs and benchmarks to evaluate and report on performance.
- Apply a creative storytelling mindset to content strategy to develop fresh, relevant and original content for thought leadership, public relations, and marketing and communications initiatives.
- Contribute to earned media strategies and goals. Contribute to story ideation, identify media targets, draft pitch angles, create media materials and engage reporters.
- Oversee media monitoring and identify "latch-on" opportunities to incorporate ABTA perspectives into news stories.
What we are looking for:
- A Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, journalism or relevant experience. Agency experience a plus.
- Minimum of five years of broad-based marketing and communications experience.
- Strong writing, editing and storytelling skills. Ability to synthesize and relay information into creative and meaningful messages tailored to diverse audiences.
- Advanced understanding and experience with social and digital media.
- Strong analytic skills, with proven experience in using data to inform marketing and communications strategies and brand positioning.
- A strong collaborator who is flexible and adaptable; always willing to pitch in with teammates to get the job done.
- A proactive mindset with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects with varying timeliness and deadlines.
- Strong proficiency using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and various software programs such as the Adobe Creative Cloud.
Please send your resume and cover letter including salary requirements by clicking the apply button below.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The ABTA, in conformity with applicable laws, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, or disability.
Job Type: Full-time