The American Brain Tumor Association (ABTA) (located near the Chicago O'Hare Airport) is a steadfast advocate on behalf of the brain tumor community in the U.S. where we help patients, caregivers and their loved ones. Our mission is to advance the understanding and treatment of brain tumors with the goals of improving, extending and, ultimately, saving the lives of those impacted by a brain tumor diagnosis. Join us as the Marketing and Communications Specialist where you will partner with our marketing and communications team as an integral contributor to this important mission.
The Marketing & Communications Specialist will support and implement omni-channel marketing strategies and tactics to achieve the mission of the American Brain Tumor Association (ABTA). This role will be instrumental in creating and facilitating integrated digital strategies to accelerate brand awareness, disease understanding and fundraising efforts through social media marketing, digital influencer engagement, e-communications and website content. This position will work collaboratively with other departments to ensure overall marketing and communications goals are effectively achieved.
- Assist with the creation and execution of an omni-channel marketing and communication plan for ABTA educational products, programs, fundraising events, awareness campaigns and special initiatives.
- Write, edit and proofread digtal and traditional marketing content (e.g. direct mail, brochures, website content, emails, newsletters, media releases, etc.)
- Maintain content distribution calendar, including scheduling of social media posts and email marketing efforts; monitoring and responding to comments and reporting on monthly digital marketing metrics.
- Coordinate all elements of the ABTA's story bank (survivor, caregiver, researcher, volunteer stories). Activities include: interviewing, drafting, cataloging and tagging stories.
- Maintain website by regularly updating content and graphics.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and external vendors to develop and manage meaningful communications and media (digital and traditional) strategies, and build brand equity.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience in a marketing or communications role preferred. Association and/or agency experience a plus.
- Experience with social media channels and management software (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram).
- Experience with MailChimp, Salesforce or other email marketing services.
- Experience with content management systems (WordPress) and familiarity with Google Analytics preferred.
- Working knowledge of digital marketing metrics.
- High level of organization and attention to detail, strong process orientation, demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments and employees in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects with varying timelines and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters.
- Knowledge of basic graphic design principle and software (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Knowledge of AP Style a plus.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Salary is in the lower $40's range
If you are interested in joining our team, please forward a cover letter with your resume by clicking the apply button.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The ABTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all persons. The ABTA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, or disability in accordance with applicable laws.
Job Type: Full-time