American Botanicals LLC is a rapidly growing Natural and Organic ingredients manufacturer with three facilities around the country including one located in Virginia Beach, Virginia. This facility specializes in sourcing (internationally and domestically) and processing spices, herbs and botanicals. We are also the only company in the US that manufactures roasted carob powder. We serve the food and supplements industries and have customers around the globe. Joining our team will offer significant growth opportunities and the chance to become an integral part of our dynamic team.
Position Summary: This role combines accounting tasks with general office management duties. As the Accounting functions for the company are primarily performed out of the corporate headquarters in Missouri, this position will assist the Accounting team by performing certain on-site accounting tasks. In addition, this position will handle certain office management duties that will help keep the facility functioning efficiently and effectively.
- Preparing and sending invoices to customers
- Preparing and sending purchase orders to suppliers
- Matching up of packing slips and invoices for supplier orders
- Entering daily production data and inventory movements into accounting system
- Receiving of inbound shipments into accounting system
- Download and distribute daily updates of facility's Inventory and Sales Report
- Answering phone calls
- Monitoring main office visitor entry
- Picking up customer checks from Post Office
- Scanning and emailing copies of customer checks, vendor invoices, purchase orders and other documents to Accounting team in Missouri
- Receive and distribute mail and packages
- Assist with documentation of safety programs and associated training activities
- Maintain Plant Maintenance Log
- Provide backup to Customer Service group with input of customer orders and distribution of customer shipments to Shipping Dept.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
Input and submit Payroll applications for hourly employees
- Assist with certain HR functions including setting up new employee drug screenings and scanning and emailing new employee documents to corporate headquarters
- Maintaining hourly employee files, including paid time off scheduling
- Logging of HR processes for hourly employees
- Assisting hourly employees with HR questions, website navigation and issues
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- General knowledge of accounting
- Initiative — ability to work independently; ensure responsive timely follow-up; meeting of deadlines; demonstrate a sense of urgency; ability to prioritize; organizational skills.
- Strong teamwork skills and ability to foster a positive and productive environment.
- Efficient and effective oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to company values.
- Minimum 2 years performing accounting related tasks
- Minimum 2 years working in an office setting
- Proficient with general business and accounting software including MS Office Suite
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour
- administrative: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
Human Resources Duties:
- Training and coaching
- Maintaining employee records