Inventory Accountant / Financial Analyst
American Botanicals - Virginia Beach, Virginia
American Botanicals LLC is a rapidly growing Natural and Organic ingredients manufacturer with three facilities around the country including one located in Virginia Beach, Virginia. This facility specializes in sourcing (internationally and domestically) and processing spices, herbs and botanicals. We are also the only company in the US that manufactures roasted carob powder. We serve the food and supplements industries and have customers around the globe. Joining our team will offer significant growth opportunities and the chance to become an integral part of our dynamic team.
In this role, you will focus on one of our most important assets - our Inventory. You will analyze supply and demand to determine purchasing schedules. You will enter daily production and movements of inventory. You will enter purchase orders ranging from spices coming from around the globe to the boxes and pallets needed to pack them. As the corporate headquarters are located in Missouri, this role will also contain a small component as the onsite HR assistant and some basic accounting support.
- Establish and maintain Cost Accounting standards for all inventory items
- Entering daily production data and inventory movements into the accounting system
- Process customer returns and credits
- Analyzing historical supply and demand, along with Sales input to determine Forecasting
- Evaluating current inventory and purchases against Open and Projected Orders (Forecast) to determine Purchasing needs
- Manage facility inventory cycle count program
- Researching inventory discrepancies and entering adjustments into the accounting system
- Ensure inventory controls are in place and being executed
- Issue Intercompany Purchase Orders
- Issue company Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly Sales Reports for platform
- Maintain Purchased materials logged for facility
- Complete vendor reference and credit requests
- Conduct financial analysis to identify opportunities for performance improvement, cost savings and validation of costing
- Ensure compliance of financial controls
- Serve as facility interface for ADP timekeeping applications, including management of facility hourly employee timeclock
- Managing Payroll applications for hourly employees
- Certain HR functions including setting up new employee drug screenings and scanning and emailing new employee documents to corporate headquarters
- Process medical leave paperwork and processes - to include both personal leave and worker's compensation related injuries.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of both financial and cost accounting
- Strong analytical and analysis skills
- Initiative — ability to work independently; ensure responsive timely follow-up; meeting of deadlines; demonstrate a sense of urgency; ability to prioritize; organizational skills.
- Good teamwork skills and ability to foster a positive and productive environment.
- Efficient and effective oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to company values.
- An Accounting degree. CPA is preferred
- At least two years of public or corporate accounting experience. Experience with Inventory and/or manufacturing financial analysis a plus
- Proficient with general business and accounting software
- Extensive Microsoft Excel experience
Competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative