The American Association of Individual Investors (AAII) is looking for a strong front-end
developer to help bring our website and e-commerce user experience to the next level. Join
our talented and high performing software team in enhancing our suite of investment products
as well as creating the next generation of tools for the individual investor.
This Chicago-based position is located at AAII headquarters on the Magnificent Mile.
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them.
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a manufacturable solution that works every time.
- You are resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too small.
- At least a bachelor's degree in computer science or interactive design (or equivalent) with 3+ years of professional experience designing interfaces for mobile and desktop.
- Extensive experience with web design and development, with frequent production releases.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Eye for design and UI/UX consistency across platforms
- Experience with responsive design
- Understanding of parsing back-end data into front-end output; JSON, XML, query resultants
- Familiarity with building mobile hybrid apps
- Experience working in Agile-based methodologies a plus
Job Type: Full-time