Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work for the world’s largest airline, in one of our most competitive markets? Are you interested in learning about Corporate Sponsorships and Promotions? Do you like entertainment and the arts? Does event planning appeal to you?
American Airlines’ Eastern Division Sales Planning team is seeking an energetic, self-motivated and highly organized winter/spring intern who thrives in a fast past, ever changing environment. This position will assist in coordinating and executing Sponsorship agreements and client engagement events with American’s strategic partners that promote the brand and engage our high value customers. Our intern will be creative, forward-thinking and willing to assist with all deliverables assigned to each contractual agreement. Our intern will have the opportunity to learn about Corporate Sponsorships and engage in some of the most unique cultural experiences in New York City.
This position is ideal for a student currently studying Marketing, Hospitality and/or general Business Management.
- Create promotional collateral for internal and external use, including invitations and presentations
- Manage guest lists and RSVPs
- Assist with the evaluation of new sponsorship opportunities
- Ensure contract deliverables have been met (manage proof of performance portfolios)
- Collaborate with sales team to ensure all events are well attended
- Write clear and concise event descriptions for the sales team
- Update and maintain the ticket management system
- Currently pursuing undergraduate or graduate degree
- Can work under supervision and individually
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Exceptional project management skills and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of MS Excel, Powerpoint and Publisher
- Fast learner